Thorns FC Schedule Set for Preliminary Rounds of 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup
PORTLAND, Ore. - The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) today unveiled the schedule for the preliminary round matches in the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup presented by P&G and Secret, with Portland Thorns FC squaring off against the North Carolina Courage, Orlando Pride, Washington Spirit and OL Reign, after a live draw was conducted on Monday morning to determine matchups.
The 25-game tournament will kick off on June 27 at Zions Bank Stadium in Herriman, Utah, with Portland facing North Carolina on the first day of the tournament. Following their opening match, Thorns FC will square off against Orlando on July 1, followed by a match against Washington on July 8 before concluding the preliminary round against Cascadia rival OL Reign on July 12. All of the preliminary round matches will be held at Zions Bank Stadium.
Following the preliminary rounds, the top eight teams will advance to the quarterfinals set for July 17 and July 18. The semifinals and final presented by Budweiser will be played in Sandy, Utah at Rio Tinto Stadium on July 22 and July 26, respectively.
Kickoff times and broadcast information will be released at a later date. Both the tournament opener and the final will air on CBS and will be streamed on CBS All Access subscription service. All other games will be live on CBS All Access in the U.S. and Canada and will re-air on CBS Sports Network. Fans outside the U.S. and Canada can stream the full tournament on Twitch.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from June 1, 2020
- Thorns FC Schedule Set for Preliminary Rounds of 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup - Portland Thorns FC
- OL Reign Announces Schedule for NWSL Challenge Cup Preliminary Round - OL Reign
- Preliminary Round Matchups Revealed for NC Courage in the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup - North Carolina Courage
- Orlando Pride Schedule Unveiled for Preliminary Round of the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup - Orlando Pride
- NWSL Announces Draw for 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup - Utah Royals FC
- NWSL Challenge Cup Tournament Draw Live at 12 PM ET Today - NWSL
- OL Reign Sign Defender Adrienne Jordan - OL Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Thorns FC Stories
- Racing Louisville FC Select Rights to Midfielder Tobin Heath in NWSL Expansion Draft
- Thorns FC Exercise 2021 Contract Options on Six Players
- Thorns FC Defender Katherine Reynolds Announces Retirement
- Thorns FC Sign Defender Natalia Kuikka
- Thorns FC Acquire Midfielder Crystal Dunn