OL Reign Sign Defender Adrienne Jordan
TACOMA, Wash. - OL Reign has signed defender Adrienne Jordan for the 2020 season. Per league and club policy, financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Jordan joins from English Women's Super League side Birmingham City, where her season with the club was cut short due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Jordan has returned to the United States and completed the NWSL's mandatory COVID-19 testing and seven-day quarantine period. Jordan met up with OL Reign at its training camp in Missoula, Montana on Sunday and will be available to participate in Monday's training session.
"We are excited to add Adrienne to the squad. We have been monitoring her play in the WSL and believe this was perfect time for her to make a move to our club," said OL Reign CEO Bill Predmore. "With Catley's departure and the compressed schedule for the Challenge Cup, we needed depth and quality at outside back. Jordan should have a great opportunity to showcase her talents and we expect her to play an important role with our squad."
The Colorado Springs native was drafted by the Chicago Red Stars in 2016 following a standout career at the University of Northern Colorado, but chose instead to turn pro with Ostersunds DFF in the Swedish second division. After making 19 appearances as a rookie in 2016, Jordan joined Icelandic side IB Vestmannaeyja, where she won the 2017 Icelandic Women's Cup. After two seasons in Iceland, Jordan joined AtalantaMozzanica in the Italian Serie A, where she made 15 league appearances, including 13 starts.
Jordan joined Birmingham City ahead of the 2019-20 WSL season. She started and played the full 90 minutes in all 13 of the club's league matches, before the season was put on hold due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Jordan has also acquired experience internationally while playing for the United States Women's National Team U23s.
Jordan is the third player signed by OL Reign since the suspension of the NWSL preseason on March 13. OL Reign announced the signing of Costa Rican international midfielder Shirley Cruz on March 17 and Japanese international forward Yuka Momiki on May 22.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from June 1, 2020
- Thorns FC Schedule Set for Preliminary Rounds of 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup - Portland Thorns FC
- OL Reign Announces Schedule for NWSL Challenge Cup Preliminary Round - OL Reign
- Preliminary Round Matchups Revealed for NC Courage in the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup - North Carolina Courage
- Orlando Pride Schedule Unveiled for Preliminary Round of the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup - Orlando Pride
- NWSL Announces Draw for 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup - Utah Royals FC
- NWSL Challenge Cup Tournament Draw Live at 12 PM ET Today - NWSL
- OL Reign Sign Defender Adrienne Jordan - OL Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent OL Reign Stories
- OL Reign Selects Jimena Lopez in the 2021 NWSL Draft
- Megan Rapinoe Called in for USWNT January Camp
- OL Reign Signs Brazilian Youth International Angelina Through 2023
- OL Reign Acquires Tziarra King and Draft Pick from Kansas City
- OL Reign Re-Signs Forward Jasmyne Spencer Through 2022 Season