Orlando Pride Schedule Unveiled for Preliminary Round of the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup
ORLANDO, Fla. - The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) has unveiled the bracket for the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup presented by P&G and Secret, which will see the Orlando Pride face the Chicago Red Stars, Portland Thorns, North Carolina Courage and Sky Blue FC in the preliminary rounds after drawing the nine-seed on Monday.
The tournament, announced last week by the NWSL, will kick off on Saturday, June 27 at Zions Bank Stadium in Herriman, Utah. That same day will see the Pride face off against the 2019 NWSL Runner-Up Chicago Red Stars to open their 2020 Challenge Cup campaign.
Following a matchup with Chicago, the Pride will then face off against Portland Thorns FC on Wednesday July 1. Four days later, they will take on the reigning NWSL Champion North Carolina Courage on Sunday, July 5 before closing out the preliminary round against New Jersey-based side Sky Blue FC on Thursday, July 9.
The top eight teams will then advance to the quarterfinals, where the tournament will transition to a knockout competition. The semifinals and Final presented by Budweiser will be played at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah with the Championship match slated for July 26, 2020.
Kickoff times and broadcast details for specific matches will be announced at a later date. All preliminary round matches and quarterfinal games will be held at Zions Bank Stadium, while the semifinal and Final matches will be played at Rio Tinto Stadium - home to NWSL side Utah Royals FC and Major League Soccer's Real Salt Lake.
Both the tournament opener and the Final will air on CBS and will be streamed on the CBS All Access subscription service. All other games will be live on CBS All Access in the U.S. and Canada and will re-air on CBS Sports Network. Fans outside the U.S. and Canada can stream the full tournament on Twitch.
The full schedule of the preliminary round can be found here.
Orlando Pride 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup Schedule:
Date Opponent Venue
Sat., June 27 Chicago Red Stars Zions Bank Stadium
Wed., July 1 Portland Thorns FC Zions Bank Stadium
Sun., July 5 North Carolina Courage Zions Bank Stadium
Thurs., July 9 Sky Blue FC Zions Bank Stadium
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from June 1, 2020
- Thorns FC Schedule Set for Preliminary Rounds of 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup - Portland Thorns FC
- OL Reign Announces Schedule for NWSL Challenge Cup Preliminary Round - OL Reign
- Preliminary Round Matchups Revealed for NC Courage in the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup - North Carolina Courage
- Orlando Pride Schedule Unveiled for Preliminary Round of the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup - Orlando Pride
- NWSL Announces Draw for 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup - Utah Royals FC
- NWSL Challenge Cup Tournament Draw Live at 12 PM ET Today - NWSL
- OL Reign Sign Defender Adrienne Jordan - OL Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Pride Stories
- Orlando City, Pride to Host Orlando City Foundation Annual Turkey Giveaway Presented by Publix on Monday
- Racing Louisville Selects Alanna Kennedy, NWSL Rights to Caitlin Foord in 2020 Expansion Draft
- Orlando Pride Announces Protected List for 2020 NWSL Expansion Draft
- Orlando Pride Announces 2020 End of Season Roster Statuses
- Pride Erase Three-Goal Deficit to Draw North Carolina in Fall Series Finale