Third Period Surge Lifts Petes over Bulldogs
(Peterborough, ON) - After tying the game three times, the Petes cranked up the offence in the third period to skate to a 6-3 win over the visiting Hamilton Bulldogs at the Peterborough Memorial Centre on Wednesday night.
Austin Osmanski (3), Michael Little (9), and Christopher Paquette (20) each scored tying goals before Ryan Merkley (9), Liam Kirk (16), and Paquette (21) registered tallies in the third period.
Merkley, Zach Gallant, Declan Chisholm, John Parker-Jones, Nick Robertson, and Max Grondin had one assist each.
Final shots were 37-25 in favour of Hamilton. Hunter Jones stopped 34 shots. The Petes were 0/3 on the power play and 4/5 on the penalty kill.
The Petes now prepare for a home and home with the Generals, beginning with a 7:35pm game in Oshawa on Friday, February 1 before returning home for Saturday's tenth annual Pink in the Rink game on Saturday, February 2 at 7:05pm. An extremely limited number of tickets are available through the Baker Tilly Box Office in person, over the phone at (705) 743-3561, and online.
Flex Packs are the most affordable and convenient way to see the Petes in action through the remainder of the season. 10 and 20 packs can be used in any combination at any regular season Petes home game. Call Mike at (705) 743-3681 ext. 263, or send him an email, for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 31, 2019
- IceDogs Outrace Greyhounds in 6-1 Win - Niagara IceDogs
- OHL Announces Postponed Game Between Erie and Mississauga - OHL
- Wolves Announce January Player of the Month Award Winners - Sudbury Wolves
- Details Announced for Saturday's Pink in the Rink Game against Oshawa - Peterborough Petes
- Third Period Surge Lifts Petes over Bulldogs - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Hunter Jones Named OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week
- Petes Take First Game of Season Series against Top Ranked Generals
- Petes Take Down Nationally Ranked 67's ForSecond Time this Season
- Curtis Trolley Re-Assigned to Lindsay Muskies
- Sell out Crowd Treated to Late Game Petes Win over Bulldogs