THE FAN 590 is 2009 Home of the Argos
Toronto - As announced this morning on THE FAN 590, 2009 Toronto Argonauts games will be broadcast on THE FAN 590 as the Argos extended their agreement with the station. The home of the Argos will carry all games live on THE FAN 590 or on fan590.com, including pre- and post-game shows. In addition, THE FAN 590 will continue to broadcast an hour-long weekly Argos show throughout the season, making its 2009 debut on Wednesday, June 10 at 9:00 a.m.
Nelson Millman, Vice President, General Manager/Program Director, THE FAN 590, remarked, "THE FAN 590 is proud to be the radio voice of the Toronto Argonauts. The games will be broadcast on our main signal and of course on our very popular Internet platform. The Toronto Argonauts are great partners and together we are all looking forward to following the Argos to the 2009 Grey Cup game."
Returning to the Argos radio broadcasts will be colour commentator Peter Martin. A fan favourite, the former Toronto Argonauts linebacker (1965-1972) and President of the Argos Alumni Association, Martin offers many historical insights and entertaining stories to the listeners. Martin, who has handled colour duties for decades, will be joined by THE FAN 590's Mike Hogan in the booth. Hogan is known as a football fanatic, and has made "Football Fridays" a mainstay on his show "The Bullpen". Known as the voice of the Argos (2000-2001, 2007-present), Hogan has provided the radio play-by-play of 13 Vanier Cup games and has also called hockey, boxing and hoops on radio and television. A member of the CIS Football Top-10 Committee, Mike is also a writer/editor of the Sports Forecaster magazine.
Mike Hogan will also serve as host of Inside The Argos, the hour-long weekly show on
THE FAN 590, airing every Wednesday morning from 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. beginning June
10. Returning as co-host will be former Argo and two-time Grey Cup Champion Sandy
Annunziata. A 10-year CFL offensive lineman, Annunziata spent six years as an Argo,
winning a Grey Cup with the Double Blue in 2004. He ended his career in Edmonton
where he won another Grey Cup in 2005. Sandy makes his home in Fort Erie, Ontario
where he serves on city council. Sandy is also the CEO of Body Science Ltd., a
Argos GM/VP, Football Operations, Adam Rita, commented, "THE FAN 590 is where I go for my sports news and it only makes sense that it continues to be the home of the Argos. I always enjoy talking football with Pete Martin, Mike Hogan, Sandy Annunziata, Sara Buchan, Bob McCown and all of the great on-air folks and producers at the station."
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from April 28, 2009
- Alouettes Classic XXV Friday - Montreal Alouettes
- Bombers Sign Two Defensive Backs - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Stamps Shop for Shelter - Calgary Stampeders
- Lions add two imports to offensive line - B.C. Lions
- THE FAN 590 is 2009 Home of the Argos - Toronto Argonauts
- Tiger-Cats Release Williams - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Top CFL Prospects Heading into 2009 CFL Canadian Draft - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Argonauts Stories
- Argos LB Dexter Mccoil Sr. Named Top Performer for Week 10 vs. Hamilton
- Argos to Host 1991 Championship Celebration When they Host the Ottawa Redblacks Tomorrow Night at BMO Field
- Argos Add American LB Justin Tuggle and American DB Jalen Collins
- Boatmen DB Shaq Richardson Named CFL Top Performer for Week Eight
- Argos Hire Chris Jones as Defensive Consultant