Lions add two imports to offensive line
(Vancouver) The BC Lions Football Club announced today that import offensive linemen Martin Bibla and Darren Marquez have signed with the team.
Bibla brings a significant amount of experience to the Lions after spending time with the Atlanta Falcons ('02-'05) who selected him in the fourth round (116th overall) in 2002 NFL Draft, as well as the Denver Broncos ('06). The Miami-grad and former teammate of current Lions offensive lineman Sherko Haji-Rasouli also played two seasons ('07-08) with the Arena Football League's Philadelphia Soul.
Marquez comes to the club after signing with the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2008. The New Orleans-native started 39 career games at left tackle for Southern Illinois ('05-'07) and was named to the All-Gateway Conference First-Team as a senior after anchoring a line that paved the way to 2,705 rushing yards in 2007.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from April 28, 2009
- Alouettes Classic XXV Friday - Montreal Alouettes
- Bombers Sign Two Defensive Backs - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Stamps Shop for Shelter - Calgary Stampeders
- Lions add two imports to offensive line - B.C. Lions
- THE FAN 590 is 2009 Home of the Argos - Toronto Argonauts
- Tiger-Cats Release Williams - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Top CFL Prospects Heading into 2009 CFL Canadian Draft - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.