Tell Me About It Stud: P-Nats Host Grease 40th Anniversary Night with Didi Conn Appearance
Woodbridge, VA - Summer Loving at Northwest Federal Field, tell me more, tell me more...
The Potomac Nationals are excited for Saturday, July 28th, as Northwest Federal Field at Pfitzner Stadium will host a celebration of the 40th anniversary of Grease with a celebrity appearance from Didi Conn, part of the 2018 Legends Autograph Series, presented by Northwest Federal Credit Union, a Bryce Harper "Real Slicked Back Hair" bobblehead, presented by Burke & Herbert Bank, a Grease Theme Jersey Auction to benefit the National Kidney Foundation, and postgame fireworks! First pitch of Saturday night's matchup with the Carolina Mudcats (Milwaukee Brewers) is set for 6:35pm, while gates to the ballpark will open at 5:00pm.
The P-Nats are set to transform Northwest Federal Field at Pfitzner Stadium into Rydell High as well as other memorable locations from the movie!
One of the highlights of Potomac's Grease 40th Anniversary Night celebration is an appearance from Didi Conn, who played Frenchy in the original movie. Conn's appearance continues the 2018 Legends Autograph Series, presented by Northwest Federal Credit Union. Conn will be on hand to sign autographs for fans, throw out a first pitch, and partake in a night full of Grease-themed events! Autographs are on a first-come, first-served basis, and the line will begin as soon as gates open.
The P-Nats' "real hair" bobblehead collection continues on Saturday night as well, as the first 1,250 fans to the ballpark can take home a Bryce Harper "Real Slicked Back Hair" Bobblehead, presented by Burke & Herbert Bank. Saturday's bobblehead styles the Nationals' outfielder's hair like the T-Bird in Grease!
Any fan who comes to the stadium on Saturday night wearing a leather jacket, a pink wig, or a poodle skirt, can purchase a grandstand ticket for $5, and will also receive a ticket voucher for a remaining Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday game for the rest of the 2018 season!
During the game, the P-Nats will host both a hand jive and finish the lyrics competition, of course set to feature all the popular songs from the movie. A Frenchy look-a-like contest and car race will also play a part in Saturday's in-game contest slate.
The Snack Shack will transform into the Frosty Palace, and Root Beer Floats and ice cream sundaes will be available for sale during the game.
P-Nats players and coaches will wear custom Grease theme jerseys during Saturday night's game. The jerseys are presented by the National Kidney Foundation, and will be auctioned off during the game. All proceeds from the silent auction will benefit the National Kidney Foundation. The auction will begin when the gates to Rydell High open, and close after the final out in the sixth inning. Winners will be able to go on the field after the game and take a picture with the player or coach who were that jersey. All jerseys will be autographed!
Saturday night is also another Scout Night at the ballpark! Area scouts can come on out and take in the game vs. the Mudcats, and then camp out on the field after the game. Scouts can take part in a pre-game parade, watch a movie after the game, and take home a commemorative scout patch!
Prior to the game, listen to Whiskey Wildfire in the Extreme Custom Collision Café Area, as they'll perform live for fans!
After the conclusion of Saturday night's game, fans can watch the best fireworks show in the area, presented by WTOP.
Following the fireworks, kids can participate in Kids Run the Bases, presented by Glory Days Grill.
First pitch between the P-Nats and the Mudcats is at 6:35pm. Gates to the ballpark will open at 5:00pm.
For more information on 2018 Potomac Nationals single game tickets, please contact Director of Season Ticket and Group Ticket Sales, Alec Manriquez, by phone at 703-590-2311, ext. 221, or via e-mail at email@example.com. Fans with questions may also contact Potomac Nationals' Ticket Operations Manager, Matt LeBlanc, by phone at 703-590-2311, ext. 225, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P-Nats' 2018 ticket plans and group outings are currently available for purchase. For more information, or to purchase any of these plans, contact Potomac Nationals Director of Season Ticket and Group Ticket Sales, Alec Manriquez, by phone at 703-590-2311, ext. 221, or via e-mail at email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from July 21, 2018
- Balanced Offense Leads Potomac to 7-3 Win in SeriesOpener - Potomac Nationals
- Hillcats Walk-Off Mudcats on Ninth Inning Wild Pitch - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Bullpen Wastes Three Run Eighth Inning Lead in 6-5 Loss in Lynchburg - Carolina Mudcats
- Myrtle Beach Drops Third Straight in Loss to Winston-Salem - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Sox Squelched 7-3 by P-Nats Saturday - Salem Red Sox
- Battenfield, 11-Hit Effort Pushes Dash Past Birds - Winston-Salem Dash
- Mistakes Plague the Wood Ducks in Loss - Down East Wood Ducks
- Blue Rocks and Keys Postponed - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Keys and Blue Rocks Postponed - Frederick Keys
- July 21 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston-Salem Dash: Game Notes (July 21 at Myrtle Beach) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Tell Me About It Stud: P-Nats Host Grease 40th Anniversary Night with Didi Conn Appearance - Potomac Nationals
- RHP Ryan Williams assign to Low-A South Bend - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans: Game Notes, July 21 vs. Winston-Salem - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Potomac Nationals Stories
- Potomac Nationals Announce All 2019 Game Times
- Vote Now for the 2019 Loyal Hygiene Solutions P-Nats Fans' Choice Ghostbusters Bobblehead
- 2019 Potomac Nationals Field Staff Announced
- 2019 Potomac Nationals' Mini Plans Now on Sale
- Andrew Mullins Earns Free Fredericksburg Baseball Season Ticket as 1,000th Founders Club Ticket Holder