Switchbacks FC Unveil New Away Jerseys for 2019 Season
Colorado Springs, CO - The Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC today unveiled their new away jersey for the 2019 season in the USL Championship.
The Centura Orthopedics logo on the front of the jerseys will also sport a new look in 2019 on both the home and away jerseys.
This is the second year of a five-year agreement between Capelli Sport and the Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC where Capelli Sport supplies the team with their innovative apparel and training gear. Capelli Sport is an innovative sportswear and teamwear brand focusing on design of the highest quality, latest fabric technology and design functionality for world-class performance on the field. For more information on Capelli Sport, current partners, and how to join the team today, visit Capelli Sport, follow them on Twitter (@capellisport) and Instagram (CapelliSport), or visit the Capelli Sport Facebook page.
The Switchbacks are gearing up for their fifth season in the USL Championship but this one will feel a little different. After the affiliation with the Colorado Rapids was made official this offseason, it was announced that the Switchbacks would be receiving four players on loan from the Rapids for the entirety of the 2019 season.
But there will also be some familiar faces on the Switchbacks in 2019. Rony Argueta and Mike Seth were both a part of the Switchbacks playoff teams in 2015 and 2016, and they have returned to the Switchbacks this year. Jordan Burt has been with the Switchbacks since the teams inaugural season in 2015 and he's gearing up for his fifth season with the club. And Jordan Schweitzer is returning for his second season in Colorado Springs after becoming a fan favorite last year.
For preseason, the Switchbacks are playing an array of different teams across Colorado and Utah throughout February into the beginning of March. The club will also be participating in the Wasatch Winter Cup February 18th and 21st at Zions Bank Real Academy in Herriman, Utah for the first-ever all-USL Championship preseason tournament.
The Switchbacks will kick off their 2019 USL Championship season on the road to the Los Angeles Galaxy II on March 9th. The home opener is on March 16th as they host the Sacramento Republic FC at 6:00 PM at Weidner Field for a St. Paddy's Day celebration with fireworks and 16oz $1 beer for the first 30 minutes after gates open at 5:00 PM. Tickets start at just $12 and are available HERE. For the price of a Switchbacks ticket and 2-5 beers, it is cheaper than buying 2-5 beers at a bar or restaurant.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 13, 2019
- STLFC Draws 1-1 against Austin Bold FC in Preseason Friendly - Saint Louis FC
- Switchbacks FC Unveil New Away Jerseys for 2019 Season - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Preseason Week 2 Preview - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Fury FC Adds Three to Roster, Including Two 2018 CapCity Cup Trialists - Ottawa Fury FC
- Republic FC Announce Tailgating Coming to Papa Murphy's Park - Sacramento Republic FC
- Nico Rittmeyer signs new, multi-year contract with Charleston Battery - Charleston Battery
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC Stories
- Switchbacks FC Fall to Tulsa 2-0 on Wednesday Night
- Rony Argueta Named to USL Championship Team of the Week Bench
- Switchbacks FC Earn Draw on the Road to Western Conference Leaders InPortland Timbers 2
- Switchbacks FC Potential U.S. Open Cup Opponents Announced
- Switchbacks FC Fall 2-0 to Reno 1868 FC on Saturday Night