Swan Re-Assigned, Canes Add New Back-Up
The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club announced Thursday that the team has re-assigned goaltender Adam Swan to the Manitoba Junior Hockey League while adding netminder Reece Klassen from the Alberta Junior Hockey League.
Swan, 17, was re-assigned to the Winnipeg Blues of the MJHL. The product of Ashern, Manitoba appeared in two exhibition games with the Hurricanes this year posting a 1-1-0-0 record with a 5.50 goals against average and a .792 save percentage. Swan appeared in three regular season games with the 'Canes in 2016-2017 posting a 1-1-0-0 record with a 4.63 GAA and a .860 SV%.
"I think for Swan, it's better for him to go back and play at a different level and hopefully get enough ice that he prepares himself to play at our level," said Hurricanes General Manager Peter Anholt. "We just didn't think he quite ready for major junior. Hopefully he has a good year and can come back and play for us next year."
The Hurricanes have added 18-year-old goaltender Reece Klassen. The product of Cloverdale, BC began the season with the Lloydminster Bobcats of the AJHL. In five games with the Bobcats, Klassen posted a 2-2-0-0 record with a 2.67 GAA and a .920 SV%.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 5, 2017
- Media Release - Swan Re-Assigned, Canes Add New Back-Up - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- WHL Board of Governors Adopts 68-Game Schedule for 2018-19 Regular - Kelowna Rockets
- Five Silvertips Earn Spots on NHL Opening Night Rosters - Everett Silvertips
- Swan Re-Assigned, Canes Add New Back-Up - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Rockets Head North for a Double Header with the Cats - Kelowna Rockets
- Victoria (8) Kelowna (3) - Kelowna Rockets
- Americans Defeat T-Birds in Shootout - Seattle Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.