Sun Country Airlines Partners with Minnesota United for Official Fan Charter to Championship Game in Atlanta
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Sun Country Airlines has partnered with Minnesota United for an Official Fan Charter to the U.S. Open Cup Final in Atlanta on Tuesday, August 27. Fans can purchase their $325 round-trip flight to Atlanta now at www.suncountry.com/mnufc.
"In Atlanta, our club has a chance to make history as we compete for the first championship in our MLS history in the U.S. Open Cup Final," said MNUFC CEO Chris Wright. "As soon as the final whistle blew in our win over Portland, we knew we would have to find a way to bring our support with us, and we're tremendously excited to be partnering with Sun Country Airlines on a chartered flight to the Final. We know our fans will prove that the Wonderwall can be built - fan by fan - wherever this club goes."
The purchase of the flight will also include round-trip bus transportation to-and-from the stadium. The flight will depart out of MSP on Tuesday, August 27 at 9:15 a.m. CT. Fans will then take a coach bus to the stadium and board the bus again postgame. The return flight leaves Atlanta after the game on Wednesday, August 28 at 12:30 a.m. ET.
"We pride ourselves on connecting our guests to their favorite people, places and memories, and we're excited to be taking these fans to watch their favorite team battle for a championship," said Sun Country Airlines CEO Jude Bricker. "Minnesota United has such a tremendous fan base and we look forward to welcoming their fans onboard."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 15, 2019
- Match Preview: New York and New England Collide at Red Bull Arena on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC Loans Vassell to Phoenix Rising; Jakovic and Zelaya to Las Vegas Lights - Los Angeles FC
- Sun Country Airlines Partners with Minnesota United for Official Fan Charter to Championship Game in Atlanta - Minnesota United FC
- Preview: Orlando City Travels to Minnesota for Saturday Match - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Teams up with Allstate - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Register 3-2 Win against Chicago Fire at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Ten-Man Chicago Fire Drops Hard Fought 3-2 Loss to Portland, Remains Three Points Away from Playoff Spot - Chicago Fire
- FC Dallas Falls to LA Galaxy 2-0 - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Drops 3-0 Road Result at Real Salt Lake - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, FC Dallas 0 - Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Dismantles Seattle Sounders FC 3-0 - Real Salt Lake
- Atlanta United Defeats Club America, Wins Campeones Cup - Atlanta United FC
- Impact Goes through to Canadian Championship Final - Montreal Impact
- Tesho Akindele's First Half Finish Leads Lions to 1-0 Victory Over Sporting Kansas City - Orlando City SC
- Loan Goal from Darwin Quintero Nabs All Three for MNUFC - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.