LAFC Loans Vassell to Phoenix Rising; Jakovic and Zelaya to Las Vegas Lights
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) has loaned midfielder Peter-Lee Vassell to Phoenix Rising FC, and defender Dejan Jakovi? and forward Rodolfo Zelaya to Las Vegas Lights FC. Per the Right of Recall incorporated in the loan agreements, LAFC retains the right to recall all three players at any point during the MLS regular season, subject to MLS roster compliance guidelines.
In his first season in MLS, Vassell has seen action in six games (two starts) for the Black & Gold, tallying his first assist during the 3-1 win against the Houston Dynamo on July 12. Earlier this summer, Vassell represented Jamaica at the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup, appearing in two of the team's five contests.
Jakovi? joins Las Vegas Lights FC for the second time this year after starting all three games he appeared in for the USL Championship side in June. In his second campaign with LAFC, Jakovi? has played in three games (two starts), logging 181 minutes along the way.
Zelaya, who was initially signed to a two-year deal back in January, has one goal in four regular season matches (one start) for LAFC. He made his Club debut during the 3-0 win over Real Salt Lake in the Round of 16 of the U.S. Open Cup.
TRANSACTION: Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) loans midfielder Peter-Lee Vassell to Phoenix Rising FC, and defender Dejan Jakovi? and forward Rodolfo Zelaya to Las Vegas Lights FC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 15, 2019
- Match Preview: New York and New England Collide at Red Bull Arena on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC Loans Vassell to Phoenix Rising; Jakovic and Zelaya to Las Vegas Lights - Los Angeles FC
- Sun Country Airlines Partners with Minnesota United for Official Fan Charter to Championship Game in Atlanta - Minnesota United FC
- Preview: Orlando City Travels to Minnesota for Saturday Match - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Teams up with Allstate - Los Angeles FC
- Timbers Register 3-2 Win against Chicago Fire at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Ten-Man Chicago Fire Drops Hard Fought 3-2 Loss to Portland, Remains Three Points Away from Playoff Spot - Chicago Fire
- FC Dallas Falls to LA Galaxy 2-0 - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Drops 3-0 Road Result at Real Salt Lake - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, FC Dallas 0 - Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Dismantles Seattle Sounders FC 3-0 - Real Salt Lake
- Atlanta United Defeats Club America, Wins Campeones Cup - Atlanta United FC
- Impact Goes through to Canadian Championship Final - Montreal Impact
- Tesho Akindele's First Half Finish Leads Lions to 1-0 Victory Over Sporting Kansas City - Orlando City SC
- Loan Goal from Darwin Quintero Nabs All Three for MNUFC - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC & Galaxy to Host L.A. Charity FIFA Challenge on Sunday, March 29
- LAFC Statement on MLS Season Suspension and 2020 CONCACAF Champions League Match
- The Rivalry Grows: MLS All-Star Skills Challenge to Feature MLS vs. Liga Mx
- LAFC and Philadelphia Union Draw 3-3 on Sunday Night
- LAFC Takes on Philadelphia Union on Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium