Storm Host Musketeers for Final Game of Concrete Cares Weekend
Kearney, NE. - The Tri-City Storm returns to action this afternoon at the Viaero Center in Kearney to conclude "Concrete Cares Weekend" on the painted ice. A limited amount of tickets are still available for today's game against the Sioux City Musketeers and may be purchased by calling the Viaero Center Box Office at 308-338-8144 or by visiting www.StormHockey.com. Fans who attended last night's game at the Viaero Center may return this afternoon with a ticket stub from the Storm's 5-2 win over Fargo to attend today's game for free. Puck drop for today's final game of "Concrete Cares Weekend" is scheduled for 4:05pm.
On Wednesday night, approximately two-hundred Storm fans, along with several players and staff members, painted the ice at the Viaero Center with messages of support and remembrance for friends and family members who have been affected by cancer. This is the seventh season that the Tri-City Storm has hosted games on the painted ice. "Concrete Cares Weekend" is part of Kearney Concrete's Concrete Cares of Nebraska initiative. Concrete Cares of Nebraska is a nonprofit group of volunteers in the concrete industry that provides events to help raise money for families and individuals that are stricken by cancer. Like last night, the Storm will wear specialty jerseys again in today's game that will be auctioned off following the game in a live auction conducted in the arena.
Tri-City (18-11-1-1) returns to action this afternoon at the Viaero Center following last night's 5-2 home win over the Fargo Force. Ben Schoen, Rhett Pitlick, Guillaume Richard, Carter Mazur, and Isac Jonsson all scored in last night's victory. The Storm improved to 9-4-1-0 on home ice and 6-3-1-0 in the last ten games in last night's win. Tri-City has won three of four previous head-to-head matchups this season against the Musketeers. Following this afternoon's game, the Storm complete the current eight-game homestand next weekend with three home games against the Waterloo Black Hawks and Sioux City Musketeers.
Sioux City (16-17-1-0) enters today's game as the 6th place team in the USHL's Western Conference standings following last night's 8-2 road win over the Lincoln Stars at the Ice Box. Christian Jimenez (2), Brian Carrabes, Ethan Edwards, Tabor Heaslip, Chase Bradley, Joel Maatta, and Brenden Olson all scored for Sioux City in last night's win. Alex Tracy recorded the win in net after making twenty-three saves on twenty-five shots. Today's game is the fifth game of this season's eight-game season series between the Musketeers and the Storm. Sioux City's lone win against the Storm to this point in the season came at the Viaero Center on January 8th by a final score of 4-1.
Today's game is set to begin at 4:05pm CT and will be streamed live on HockeyTV, and Storm Radio. For tickets to Storm home games at the Viaero Center, call 308-338-8144 or visit www.StormHockey.com
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2021
- Storm Complete Sweep on Concrete Cares Weekend - Tri-City Storm
- Oliver David Notches Win #100 as Saints Rout Team USA - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lincoln's Rally Comes up Short against Fargo - Lincoln Stars
- Special Teams the Difference as Musketeers Fall at Tri City - Sioux City Musketeers
- Storm Host Musketeers for Final Game of Concrete Cares Weekend - Tri-City Storm
- Fighting Wiener Dogs Down Lancers 8-1 - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Storm Win Season Series against Force in 5-2 Victory - Tri-City Storm
- Force Fall to Tri-City - Fargo Force
- Offensive Explosion Powers Musketeers Past Lincoln - Sioux City Musketeers
- Stars Lose 8-2 to Musketeers - Lincoln Stars
- Strong Effort from Purcell Not Enough, Phantoms Fall in Shootout - Youngstown Phantoms
- Slow Start Dooms Saints - Dubuque Fighting Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.