Offensive Explosion Powers Musketeers Past Lincoln
(Lincoln, NE) - The Sioux City Musketeers led wire-to-wire Saturday night and scored a season-high eight goals as part of an 8-2 victory over Lincoln at The Ice Box.
Sioux City opened a 3-0 lead after one period. Brian Carrabes collected a turned-over puck and scored unassisted 3:26 into the game. Ethan Edwards then doubled the Musketeer lead, corralling a Carter Loney pass and slotting it past Lincoln netminder Ryan Ouellette. Less than three minutes later Christian Jimenez found the back of the net assisted by Ben Steeves.
The score held until midway through the second period when Tabor Heaslip received a no-look pass from Justin Hryckowian and slammed the puck past Ouellette. Shortly after that Chase Bradley scored unassisted to put the Musketeers ahead 5-0 before Lincoln got a goal back in the final minutes of the period.
Jimenez scored for a second time in the contest 53 seconds into the third period and Joel Maatta followed that up with a goal of his own to give Sioux City a 7-1 lead. The Stars added a power play goal with less than five minutes left in regulation but Brenden Olson put an exclamation point on the night with a goal in the final 90 seconds.
Eleven different Musketeers recorded a point in the contest, with Jimenez, Loney and Carrabes each finishing with multi-point games. Netminder Alex Tracy stopped 23 shots as Sioux City improves to 16-17-1 overall. Up next the Musketeers travel to Tri City for a 4:05 contest on Sunday.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2021
- Storm Complete Sweep on Concrete Cares Weekend - Tri-City Storm
- Oliver David Notches Win #100 as Saints Rout Team USA - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Lincoln's Rally Comes up Short against Fargo - Lincoln Stars
- Special Teams the Difference as Musketeers Fall at Tri City - Sioux City Musketeers
- Storm Host Musketeers for Final Game of Concrete Cares Weekend - Tri-City Storm
- Fighting Wiener Dogs Down Lancers 8-1 - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Storm Win Season Series against Force in 5-2 Victory - Tri-City Storm
- Force Fall to Tri-City - Fargo Force
- Offensive Explosion Powers Musketeers Past Lincoln - Sioux City Musketeers
- Stars Lose 8-2 to Musketeers - Lincoln Stars
- Strong Effort from Purcell Not Enough, Phantoms Fall in Shootout - Youngstown Phantoms
- Slow Start Dooms Saints - Dubuque Fighting Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.