Steelheads Agree to Terms with McDermott
Boise, ID (3/20/14) - Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Brad Ralph announced Thursday afternoon that the Idaho Steelheads have agreed to terms with rookie defenseman Eamonn McDermott.
McDermott (first name pronounced AYE-mon) joins the team after completing his college eligibility at Colorado College, where he was a teammate of Idaho forward William Rapuzzi. In fact, McDermott succeeded Rapuzzi as the team's captain this season.
In 149 games at the NCAA level, the Ohio native collected 52 total points (seven goals, 45 assists) and 139 penalty minutes. His career highs were all established as a junior in 2012-13 when he had three goals, 20 assists and 71 penalty minutes. His 20 assists were tied for third-most on the team that season with Rapuzzi.
McDermott is the fourth college player to join the Steelheads' roster in the past week, joining goaltender Kevin Kapalka, forward Jason Bast and defenseman Andrew Perrault.
The Steelheads hit the road Saturday night for a game against the Utah Grizzlies at the Maverik Center in West Valley City, Utah. Game time is just after 7 PM and can be heard live on KTIK (1350 AM) in the Treaure Valley.
The home portion of the regular-season schedule concludes on April 4 and 5 when the Colorado Eagles come to visit. Tickets are available online at www.idahosteelheads.com or by calling 208-331-8497.
Group outings at a Steelheads game are a great way to gather friends, colleagues, or co-workers for a fun night out in downtown Boise. Ticket prices are discounted and you can get a Pepsi, Double-R Ranch Hot Dog, and bag of Tim's Cascade Chips with each ticket. Contact the Steelheads front office at 208.383.0080 or log on to www.idahosteelheads.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 20, 2014
- Road Warriors Score Twice in Final Minutes to Beat Florida 5-4 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Aces Sign Rookie Goaltender Aaron Crandall - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads Agree to Terms with McDermott - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 20 - ECHL
- Clapton, Johnson, O'Brien and Morin Highlight Stingrays 2014 Hall of Fame Ballot - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kessel Recalled to Rochester - Orlando Solar Bears
- Magnus Hellberg Assigned to Cincinnati - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Police Car Show on Saturday Part of Law & Order Night - Stockton Thunder
- K-Wings Ponich Receives Third Call-Up to Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Road Warriors vs. Everblades Thursday, March 20, 2014 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - March 20 - ECHL
- Milner Stops 43, But Thunder Lose 2-1 - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Open Home Stand with 2-1 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Rally for OT Victory - Idaho Steelheads
- Eagles Succumb to Steelheads Late Rally 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.