Game Preview: Road Warriors vs. Everblades Thursday, March 20, 2014
Thursday, March 20, 2014
Who: Greenville Road Warriors (33-22-5) (New York Rangers) vs. Florida Everblades (31-23-7) (Carolina Hurricanes and Tampa Bay Lightning)
What: Throwback Thursday, Student ID Night, and BI-LO Buy One Get One
Where: Bon Secours Wellness Arena- Greenville, S.C.
When: Thursday, March 20th at 7:00 p.m.
Follow us here: Facebook and Twitter
The Road Warriors are 5-0-3 against the Florida Everblades this season. The last time the two teams faced each other, the Road Warriors defeated the Everblades 2-1 in a shootout. In the past five years, Greenville is 13-5-3 when playing Florida on home ice.
The Road Warriors are coming off a 2-1 loss to the South Carolina Stingrays on Sunday afternoon. Andrew Yogan scored the lone goal for the Road Warriors and Jeff Malcolm made 29 saves.
Florida defeated the Evansville IceMen 3-2 Tuesday night. Mathieu Roy scored two goals for the Everblades and goaltender Mac Carruth made 29 saves.
Road Warrior Commentary:
Tonight is Throwback Thursday! Get $2 beers, hotdogs, sodas and pretzels.
It's Student ID Night. Students can receive $5 tickets when they show their Student ID at the Box Office starting at 5:00 p.m.
BI-LO Buy One Get One is available for tonight's game. Buy one ticket get a second free while supplies last when you show your BI-LO BONUSCARD at the Box Office starting at 5 p.m.
Clemson and Youth Sport Night:
The Road Warriors host Clemson Night on Saturday at 7 p.m. against the Florida Everblades. March 22nd is also Youth Sports Night presented by Bon Secours St. Francis Health System! The Road Warriors will be wearing Clemson themed specialty jerseys that will be auctioned off after the game with a portion of the proceeds benefitting the Glenn Brackin Memorial Scholarship. The Road Warriors are also offering a special ticket that will benefit the scholarship with each purchase. To purchase the special Clemson ticket CLICK HERE! As a part of the Youth Sports Night festivities, the Road Warriors will celebrate the young athletes in our community and recognize their accomplishments. Clemson fans can meet the Clemson Tiger, and visit the Greenville Clemson Club, IPTAY and Alumni Association tables on the concourse to receive Clemson prizes and giveaways. The first 1,000 fans 12 and under will receive a Road Warriors Youth Cap presented by Bon Secours St. Francis Health System and 92.5 WESC.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 20, 2014
- Road Warriors Score Twice in Final Minutes to Beat Florida 5-4 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Aces Sign Rookie Goaltender Aaron Crandall - Alaska Aces
- Steelheads Agree to Terms with McDermott - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - March 20 - ECHL
- Clapton, Johnson, O'Brien and Morin Highlight Stingrays 2014 Hall of Fame Ballot - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kessel Recalled to Rochester - Orlando Solar Bears
- Magnus Hellberg Assigned to Cincinnati - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Police Car Show on Saturday Part of Law & Order Night - Stockton Thunder
- K-Wings Ponich Receives Third Call-Up to Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Road Warriors vs. Everblades Thursday, March 20, 2014 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - March 20 - ECHL
- Milner Stops 43, But Thunder Lose 2-1 - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Open Home Stand with 2-1 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Steelheads Rally for OT Victory - Idaho Steelheads
- Eagles Succumb to Steelheads Late Rally 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.