Stars Fall to Skyforce
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - The Salt Lake City Stars dropped their first game of the season, falling 98-105 to the Sioux Falls Skyforce on the road at Sanford Pentagon.
The Stars were led by Utah Jazz two-way player Justin Wright-Foreman, who tallied 17 points, four assists, two rebounds and one block. The guard connected on 7-of-14 (.500) from the field and 3-of-5 (.600) from three-point range. William Howard chipped in 16 points to go with six rebounds, three assists and one block. Returning player Isaac Haas posted 14 points, seven rebounds and three blocks in 25 minutes off the bench.
Miami Heat two-way player Daryl Macon led the Skyforce in scoring, finishing with a game-high 27 points on 6-of-15 (.400) from the floor. He also tallied nine rebounds and seven assists. Forward Davon Reed recorded a double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds. Jeremiah Martin posted 26 points, seven assists and four rebounds off the bench for the Skyforce.
There were seven lead changes through the first three quarters and the Stars entered the fourth with a seven-point advantage (79-72). However, the Skyforce came up big in the final frame, outscoring the Stars 33-19. Macon powered Sioux Falls' comeback, scoring 17 of the team's 33 points in the fourth quarter.
The Stars held the edge in field goals (36-32), three-pointers (14-11), assists (21-18) and points in the paint (40-36), while the Skyforce grabbed more rebounds (48-45), recorded more steals (9-7), tallied more blocks (10-8) and committed fewer turnovers (18-19).
The Stars will complete their two-game road swing with a game at the Iowa Wolves (Minnesota Timberwolves affiliate) on Wednesday, Nov. 13, at 6 p.m. (MT). Following the game, the Stars will return to Salt Lake City for their home opener, on Friday, Nov. 15 at 7 p.m. (MT). Tickets for all Stars home games are available at slcstars.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 10, 2019
- Stars Fall to Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Macon Leads Force to 105-98 Victory over Stars - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks to Play at Madison Square Garden Tomorrow - Westchester Knicks
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Ahmed Hill - Northern Arizona Suns
- Herd Grab First Win of Season Behind Strong Game from Jaylen Adams - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Win Home Opener 88-86 in Rematch with Stockton Kings - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Host Sold-Out Crowd for Tenth Season Home Opener - Texas Legends
- Blue Downs Lakers in Season Opener - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bulls Mount Second Half Rally, But Fall in Home Opener, 111-102 - Windy City Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Stars Name Nathan Peavy Head Coach
- Stars Earn NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for "Autism Awareness Night"
- Statements from the Utah Jazz and Salt Lake City Stars on the Departure of Martin Schiller
- Stars Recognized for Earning Top Record in Western Conference
- Jarrell Brantley Earns All-NBA G League First Team, All-Rookie Honors