Herd Grab First Win of Season Behind Strong Game from Jaylen Adams
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL (Nov. 9, 2019) - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, grabbed their first road victory of the season with a 111-102 win (box score) over the Windy City Bulls on Saturday night inside Sears Centre Arena.
Five Herd players scored in double figures led by Rayjon Tucker who poured in a team-high 23 points on 6-for-13 shooting. In his first start of the year, Jaylen Adams recorded 22 points and dished out eight assists, while Milwaukee Bucks assignee, Dragan Bender tallied 18 points and six rebounds. Cam Reynolds scored 14 points and added six rebounds of his own, and Luke Maye notched his first career double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Jemerrio Jones pitched in with nine points and a game-high 17 rebounds, one shy of tying his career-high.
For Windy City, Milton Dolye led all players with a game-high 35 points, while making 12 field goals. Justin Simon added 21 points and 13 rebounds off the bench, and P.J. Dozier had 14 points, seven rebounds, 10 assists, three steals and a blocked shot. Max Strus totaled 10 points and six rebounds.
After taking a double-digit advantage and forging ahead by 16 on a couple occasions, the Herd went into halftime with a commanding 58-42 lead. To start the second half, Wisconsin scored the first eight points of the third quarter to extend their lead to 24. The Herd led by as many as 25, but Windy City stormed back and cut the lead to four with 10:07 remaining in the contest. Minutes later, the Bulls managed to take the lead on a Dolye three-pointer, which was their first lead since the score read 8-7. The Herd, however, responded with seven consecutive points of their own to regain a five-point lead. Down the stretch, Windy City tied the contest once more at 94, but with just under four minutes to play, Reynolds buried a three to give Wisconsin a three-point lead, which they held for the remainder of the contest.
For the game, the Herd grabbed 62 rebounds, dished out 27 assists and outpaced the Bulls in field goal percentage, points in the paint and second chance points.
With the win, Wisconsin improves to 3-7 all-time against Windy City. The victory is also the first for head coach Chase Buford.
The Herd are back in action on Nov. 13 and 15 as they return home for two games agaisnt the Capital City Go-Go and Raptors 905. Tip-off against Capital City is set for next Wednesday at 7:00pm inside Menominee Nation Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 10, 2019
- Stars Fall to Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Macon Leads Force to 105-98 Victory over Stars - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks to Play at Madison Square Garden Tomorrow - Westchester Knicks
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Ahmed Hill - Northern Arizona Suns
- Herd Grab First Win of Season Behind Strong Game from Jaylen Adams - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Win Home Opener 88-86 in Rematch with Stockton Kings - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Host Sold-Out Crowd for Tenth Season Home Opener - Texas Legends
- Blue Downs Lakers in Season Opener - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bulls Mount Second Half Rally, But Fall in Home Opener, 111-102 - Windy City Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Herd Extends Winning Streak to Five, Downs Stockton 107-101
- Balanced Scoring Attack Leads Herd Past Santa Cruz
- Adams' 39-Point Effort Leads Herd to a 122-115 Victory over Grand Rapids
- Wisconsin Downs Erie 139-120 and Collects 20th Win of the Season
- Wisconsin Returns the Favor, Downs Canton 131-123