Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Ahmed Hill
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Northern Arizona Suns announced today they have acquired guard Ahmed Hill.
In a corresponding move, the Suns waived forward Stephen Ugochukwu.
Hill (6-5, 210 pounds) was most recently a member of the Charlotte Hornets on a Two-Way contract. He played in four of their five preseason games, totaling seven points and three rebounds in 23 minutes. He played in 2019 NBA Summer League with the Brooklyn Nets, averaging 6.8 points on 44.8 percent shooting, and 2.3 rebounds in 18.2 minutes per game of six contests.
Hill played collegiately at Virginia Tech from 2014-19. He totaled 134 games (116 starts), averaging 11.0 points on 44.5 percent shooting, 39.0 percent from deep, and 3.4 rebounds. His best season was his senior year, in which he averaged 13.1 points (44.3 FG%, 39.1 3PT%) and 3.9 rebounds in 35 games (all starts).
Hill, 23, is an Augusta, Georgia native. He will wear No. 9 for the Suns. An updated roster is attached.
Ugochukwu played in the NAZ Suns season opener on Saturday, recording six points and four rebounds.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 10, 2019
- Stars Fall to Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Macon Leads Force to 105-98 Victory over Stars - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks to Play at Madison Square Garden Tomorrow - Westchester Knicks
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Ahmed Hill - Northern Arizona Suns
- Herd Grab First Win of Season Behind Strong Game from Jaylen Adams - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Win Home Opener 88-86 in Rematch with Stockton Kings - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Host Sold-Out Crowd for Tenth Season Home Opener - Texas Legends
- Blue Downs Lakers in Season Opener - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bulls Mount Second Half Rally, But Fall in Home Opener, 111-102 - Windy City Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.