Macon Leads Force to 105-98 Victory over Stars
SIOUX FALLS, SD - Behind Miami HEAT two-way player Daryl Macon's 17 fourth quarter points, the Sioux Falls Skyforce were able to hold off the Salt Lake City Stars by a final score of 105-98 in the team's home opener at the Sanford Pentagon on Sunday afternoon.
It was Macon's first game with the Skyforce (2-0), as he tallied a game-high 27 points, grabbed nine rebounds and had eight assists.
Sioux Falls got out to a fast start to start as Mychal Mulder (21 points, 6 rebounds) scored 16 of the team's 30 points on 6-of-7 shooting. He guided the Force to a 12-point lead after the first quarter. Mulder has scored 15+ points in the first quarter of both contests this season, as he had 15 against the Iowa Wolves on Nov. 8.
The Stars (0-1) responded, as William Howard (16 points, six rebounds) directed Salt Lake City to a 19-11 run to tie the contest at 44-44 halfway through the second quarter. Jeremiah Martin (26 points, 8-16 FGA, seven assists) helped the Skyforce create momentum off the bench before the half, as he tallied 10 points in the second quarter alone to help create a six-point cushion at intermission.
Behind 14-of-24 shooting, Salt Lake City was able to dominate the third quarter, outscoring Sioux Falls 34-21, and taking a seven-point lead into the final period. Isaac Haas (14 points, 7-11 FGA, seven rebounds) controlled the paint, netting 10 points on 5-of-6 shooting.
A change of pace guided the Skyforce to a 26-13 run to end the contest and take the victory. Sioux Falls also shot 13-of-14 on free-throws in the period.
Davon Reed (15 points, 11 rebounds) added his first double-double of the season. Kyle Alexander (eight points, seven blocks) showcased his rim protection skills early in the season, as he leads the G League in blocks with 15.
Utah Jazz assignee Miye Oni (five points, six rebounds, five assists) struggled shooting, going 1-of-8, while Jazz two-way players Justin Wright-Foreman (17 points, four assists) and Jarrell Brantley (eight points, seven rebounds) combined for 17 points on 7-of-14 shooting in the first half.
Sioux Falls heads west for the first time this season, as they embark on a trip to face the Stockton Kings (Nov. 13, 9:00PM CT) and the South Bay Lakers (Nov. 14, 9:00PM, CT). The Kings (1-1) are coming off an 88-86 loss to the Santa Cruz Warriors on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 10, 2019
- Stars Fall to Skyforce - Salt Lake City Stars
- Macon Leads Force to 105-98 Victory over Stars - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks to Play at Madison Square Garden Tomorrow - Westchester Knicks
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Ahmed Hill - Northern Arizona Suns
- Herd Grab First Win of Season Behind Strong Game from Jaylen Adams - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Win Home Opener 88-86 in Rematch with Stockton Kings - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Host Sold-Out Crowd for Tenth Season Home Opener - Texas Legends
- Blue Downs Lakers in Season Opener - Oklahoma City Blue
- Bulls Mount Second Half Rally, But Fall in Home Opener, 111-102 - Windy City Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.