Stars Add Deonte Burton
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars, the NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, have added guard Deonte Burton to the team's training camp roster. In a corresponding roster move, the club has waived guard/forward Tre'Shaun Fletcher and guard Shawn Occeus.
Burton (6-1, 190, Nevada) has appeared in 84 games (26 starts) over two seasons with the Stars (2017-19) and averaged 6.2 points, 3.1 assists and 1.9 rebounds. The Los Angeles, Calif., native most recently played with Kharkivski Sokoly in Ukraine, and his international experience also includes stops in Australia, France and Germany. Burton spent one season (2015-16) with the Bakersfield Jam and posted averages of 9.3 points, 2.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
Fletcher joined the Stars during training camp as a returning player. Occeus was selected in the second round (35th overall) by the Stars in the 2019 NBA G League Draft.
The Stars' training camp roster now stands at 13 players.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 6, 2019
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Mad Ants Finalize Opening Night Roster - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stockton Kings Waive Five Players - Stockton Kings
- Knicks Waive Two Players - Westchester Knicks
- Greensboro Swarm, PNC Bank Team up for Second Season in Support of Guilford Child Development - Greensboro Swarm
- Stars Add Deonte Burton - Salt Lake City Stars
- Timberwolves Recall Jaylen Nowell and Transfer Jordan McLaughlin from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Charge to Open Season with Salute to Service - Canton Charge
- Raptors 905 Announce Opening Night Roster - Raptors 905
- College Park Skyhawks Announce Emory Healthcare as Official Team Healthcare Provider - College Park Skyhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.