Stampeders Sign Prukop and Pinto
The Calgary Stampeders have re-signed American quarterback Dakota Prukop and signed national receiver Trivel Pinto.
Prukop originally joined the Stampeders as a free agent on Feb. 11, 2020, after dressing for 41 games over three seasons with the Toronto Argonauts.
Pinto was Calgary's second-round selection - 12th overall - in the 2020 Canadian Football League draft.
Born: Oct. 17, 1993
Birthplace: Newport, CA
Prukop joined the Argos in 2017 and recorded his first passing stats in 2019, completing 18 of 30 passes for 284 yards and three touchdowns against two interceptions. He also carried the ball 11 times for 39 yards. Prukop saw action on special teams in Toronto and recorded nine tackles over three seasons.
Collegiately, Prukop played his senior season at Oregon in 2016. In six games for the Ducks, he completed 94 of 143 passes for 1,214 yards, eight touchdowns and two interceptions. He also rushed the ball 54 times for 171 yards and two scores.
Prior to transferring to Oregon, Prukop played three years at Montana State and completed 387 of 607 passes for 5,584 yards, 46 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. As a junior for the Bobcats in 2015, he threw for 3,822 yards and 28 touchdowns and earned second-team all-Big Sky Conference honours. He was a third-team conference all-star in 2014.
Born: Mar. 22, 1996
Birthplace: Toronto, ON
Pinto had 234 receptions for 3,324 yards and 30 touchdowns in 41 games over his four-year career at UBC. He also spent time at returner and defensive back, adding one kickoff-return touchdown and one interception returned for a score. Pinto made 75 catches for 1,040 yards and seven touchdowns with the Thunderbirds in 2019.
He was a first-team all-Canadian in both 2017 and 2018 and was a second-team all-Canadian on special teams in 2018. Pinto was a member of UBC's Vanier Cup championship team in 2015.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 8, 2021
- Jorden Remains with Red and White - Calgary Stampeders
- Stampeders Sign Prukop and Pinto - Calgary Stampeders
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on One-Year Extension with Defensive End Jackson Jeffcoat - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Stamps Ink Local Product Sceviour - Calgary Stampeders
- LB Gary Johnson Returns to Riders, WR Peake Signed - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Alouettes Sign Canadian Defensive Back Marc-Antoine Dequoy to a Three-Year Deal - Montreal Alouettes
- Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Winnipeg-Born Lineman Geoff Gray, Linebackers Shayne Gauthier and Tobi Antigha - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Star Wide Receiver Derel Walker Returns to the EE Football Team - EE Football Team
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.