Stagnant Offense Dooms Energy in Loss to Spurs
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Energy (11-34) were held to their lowest offensive output of the season Tuesday night, falling 92-79 to the Austin Spurs (22-23) at Wells Fargo Arena.
As a team, the Energy shot just 32.6 percent from the field, including 5-of-24 from deep.
Wes Washpun led the Energy in scoring for the first time this season, recording 14 points on 6-of-14 shooting from the floor. The UNI alum also had a team-high six assists.
The Energy held the lead just twice during tonight's contest, their final advantage coming at the 1:08 mark in the first quarter. Iowa was outscored in every quarter except the fourth.
Two starters finished in double figures for Iowa. Jarell Martin (10 points, seven rebounds) recorded his tenth straight game with at least 10 points.
Perry Jones III added 10 points and four rebounds. It was the forward's highest total since coming back from injury on Feb. 24.
The Spurs were led by Orlando Johnson's 16-point, six-rebound performance. Three bench players reached double-digits in scoring for Austin: Daniel Nwaelele (14), Charles Garcia (12) and Hollis Thompson (12).
The Iowa Energy take to the road for one game against the Windy City Bulls on Thursday, March 23 at 7:00 p.m. before returning to Wells Fargo Arena this Saturday for Pro Wrestling Night versus the Northern Arizona Suns.
To purchase tickets, visit IowaNBA.com, call 515-564-8550 or visit the Wells Fargo Arena Ticket Office.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 22, 2017
- Warriors Assign Kevon Looney to Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bighorns Partner with Zubaz for Theme Jersey Night - Reno Bighorns
- Bighorns Fall on the Road to Delaware - Reno Bighorns
- Mad Ants Partake in NBA D-League Go Green Week - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors Rout Rio Grande Valley - Santa Cruz Warriors
- RGV Vipers Can Not Complete Comeback - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Bulls Cruise Past Knicks to Complete Season Sweep of Westchester - Windy City Bulls
- Rally Attempt Falls Short as Westchester Knicks Suffer Season Series Sweep to Bulls - Westchester Knicks
- Stagnant Offense Dooms Energy in Loss to Spurs - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.