Bulls Cruise Past Knicks to Complete Season Sweep of Westchester
Hoffman Estates, IL- The Windy City Bulls (20-25), presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official NBA Development League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, rolled past the Westchester Knicks 124-116 in a wire-to-wire victory Tuesday night at the Sears Centre Arena.
Cameron Payne, on assignment from the Chicago Bulls, scored a team-high 22 points along with six rebounds and six assists to lead Windy City. Alfonzo McKinnie added 20 points and six rebounds.
Westchester (18-27), the NBA D-League Affiliate of the New York Knicks, had three players finish with 20 or more points led by New York Knicks assignee Maurice Ndour who poured in 23 points and 10 rebounds. Travis Trice II and Doron Lamb each added 22 points.
Windy City stormed out to a 38-19 lead after the first quarter and held a 62-44 advantage at halftime behind 12 first half points by Alec Brown.
The Knicks mounted a comeback in the fourth quarter, pulling within 112-105 with 3:47 remaining in regulation on a three-pointer by Courtney Fells but Payne responded with a three-pointer of his own to push Windy City back up by double-figures en-route to the victory.
Windy City finished with 30 assists and just 8 turnovers on the night while shooting 52% from the field.
The Bulls return to action Thursday night at the Sears Centre Arena against the Iowa Energy at 7 PM on Hispanic Heritage Night. For tickets and more information visit WindyCityBulls.com
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 22, 2017
- Warriors Assign Kevon Looney to Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bighorns Partner with Zubaz for Theme Jersey Night - Reno Bighorns
- Bighorns Fall on the Road to Delaware - Reno Bighorns
- Mad Ants Partake in NBA D-League Go Green Week - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Warriors Rout Rio Grande Valley - Santa Cruz Warriors
- RGV Vipers Can Not Complete Comeback - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Bulls Cruise Past Knicks to Complete Season Sweep of Westchester - Windy City Bulls
- Rally Attempt Falls Short as Westchester Knicks Suffer Season Series Sweep to Bulls - Westchester Knicks
- Stagnant Offense Dooms Energy in Loss to Spurs - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City Missed the Bell on Education Day, Fall 111-107 to Agua Caliente
- Windy City Scores Season-High 126 Points, Beats Wisconsin 126-110
- Limited Tickets Remaining for this Saturday's Windy City Bulls Home Game
- Windy City Captures Third Straight Victory, Beats Capital City 121-109
- Windy City Collects Franchise Record 43-Point Victory, Beats Canton 120-77