St. Louis Blues Select Jake Neighbours 26th Overall in the 2020 NHL Draft
The St. Louis Blues, selected Edmonton Oil Kings forward Jake Neighbours with their first round selection, 26th overall in the 2020 NHL Draft.
Neighbours, 18, recorded 70 points (23G, 47A), 39 penalty minutes and a +15 plus/minus rating in 64 games last season. He ranked second on the Oil Kings in points (70), assists (47), game winning goals (4) and power play assists (16). He also ranked fourth in goals (23), and sixth in plus/minus rating (+15).
The 6'0", 195-pound winger has appeared in 122 games career WHL games, accumulating 98 points (34G, 64A), 70 penalty minutes and a +18 plus/minus rating. He has also posted 12 points (4G, 8A), 10 penalty minutes and a +8 plus/minus rating in 16 career playoff games.
The native of Airdrie, Alberta represented Canada at the 2019 Hlinka Gretzky Cup, registering four penalty minutes and a +4 plus-minus rating in five games. Neighbours also served as a captain for Canada at the 2018 IIHF World Under-17 Hockey Championship, posting six points (3G, 3A) and two penalty minutes in five games.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 6, 2020
- Guhle, Wiesblatt Selected in First Round of 2020 NHL Draft - Prince Albert Raiders
- Seth Jarvis Selected 13th Overall by Carolina - Portland Winterhawks
- Braden Schneider Selected 19th Overall by New York Rangers, Ridly Greig 28th by Ottawa Senators - Brandon Wheat Kings
- St. Louis Blues Select Jake Neighbours 26th Overall in the 2020 NHL Draft - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Hunt Hoping to Hear His Name During the 2020 NHL Entry Draft - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Winnipeg ICE Partner with Hockey Manitoba in Support of Manitoba's Safe Return to Hockey - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.