Spurs Release Mensah-Bonsu From 10-Day Contract
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have released forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu from his 10-day contract.
Mensah-Bonsu appeared in 3 games for the Spurs where he averaged 5.0 points and 3.3 rebounds in 6.7 minutes. He also spent time with the Austin Toros, the Spurs affiliate in the NBA Development League. In eight games with the Toros, Mensah-Bonsu averaged 26.6 points, 13.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 2.50 blocks in 39.8 minutes.
The Spurs roster stands at 14.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2009
- 14ers Turn Out the Lights on the Toros - Colorado 14ers
- Tailgate with the Utah Flash, Pepsi and Maceys - Utah Flash
- Limited Spots Remain For Saturday's Arsenal Dance Clinic - Anaheim Arsenal
- Wizards Welcome Center Jesse Smith - Dakota Wizards
- Vipers Search For Play Station 3 Winner - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Trade For Three-Point Threat - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Limited Spots Remain for Dancers of All Ages - Utah Flash
- Spurs Release Mensah-Bonsu From 10-Day Contract - Austin Spurs
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- NBA Maine Basketball Announces Name the Team Promotion - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Statement from SS&E CEO RC Buford
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers
- Austin Spurs Defeat Oklahoma City Blue 117-114
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 117-114 in Overtime
- Austin Spurs to Host Go Texas Night and Hoops N Hounds Games this Weekend