NBA Maine Basketball Announces Name the Team Promotion
Portland, Maine, March 4, 2009 - NBA Maine Basketball announced today that with the help of the Portland Press Herald and the BIG JAB they are looking to their fans to help name the team. Fans can go online at www.nbamaine.com, call our office at 207-210-6655 or send in the ballot from the Portland Press Herald to help select the name for their team. There are seven names fans can choose from; Maine Beacons, Maine Crushers, Maine Claws, Maine Destroyers, Maine Red Claws, Maine Swarm, and Maine Traps. The team will also choose one randomly selected voter to receive two tickets to a 2009 Boston Celtics playoff game.
"We are excited about getting input from our fans on our team name. The fans are what this is all about and we can't wait to see what they decide." said Jon Jennings, Team President and General Manager of NBA Maine Basketball.
"We are looking forward to trying out names for the team and finding out what the fans think the team should be named live on The BIG JAB" said Jon Van Hoogenstyn, GM of Atlantic Coast Radio.
"As an organization committed to the communities we serve, we are very proud to be involved with the NBA Development League. The excitement it has generated is simply thrilling, particularly given the positive impact it will surely have on area businesses. We look forward to partnering with the new team on a variety of fun and creative marketing initiatives." said Valerie Markgren, Corporate Marketing Manager for the Portland Press Herald.
To enter the contest fans need to visit www.nbamaine.com, call 207-210-6655 or send in the ballot from the Portland Press Herald to help select the name and provide their complete contact information and selection before March 31, 2009. The team will announce its new team name on or about April 3, 2009. For official rules visit www.nbamaine.com.
NBA Maine Basketball will begin play in November at the Portland Expo Building. Fans can purchase season ticket packages by calling (207) 210-6655 or visit www.nbamaine.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2009
- 14ers Turn Out the Lights on the Toros - Colorado 14ers
- Tailgate with the Utah Flash, Pepsi and Maceys - Utah Flash
- Limited Spots Remain For Saturday's Arsenal Dance Clinic - Anaheim Arsenal
- Wizards Welcome Center Jesse Smith - Dakota Wizards
- Vipers Search For Play Station 3 Winner - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Trade For Three-Point Threat - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Limited Spots Remain for Dancers of All Ages - Utah Flash
- Spurs Release Mensah-Bonsu From 10-Day Contract - Austin Spurs
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- NBA Maine Basketball Announces Name the Team Promotion - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.