Wizards Welcome Center Jesse Smith
BISMARCK, ND, March 4, 2009 - The NBA Development League Central Division Champion Dakota Wizards announced this afternoon that they have come to an agreement with the Reno Bighorns. The move brings center Jesse Smith to the Wizards and in return the Wizards have sent forward Rod Benson to Reno.
Smith, a 6'11, 260lb center from Idaho State is averaging 9.6 points per game along with 6.8 rebounds per game for Reno so far this season. During the 07-08 season he was with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers and averaged nine points and seven boards in 50 games, 39 of those games he was a starter.
Smith spent the 2006-07 season with Casino Figueira Ginasio in the Portugese UZO League averaging 13.8 points and 7.3 rebounds in 32 games. Started the 2005-06 season in Portugal with Santarem Basket averaging 11.5 points and 10.7rebounds in ten games before moving on to play for TSV Crailsheim Merlins in the German 2.Bundesliga.
Smith will join the team on Friday and will be in uniform on Sunday as the Wizards will take on rival Iowa Energy in a battle of the top two teams in the Central Division. Tip-Off for that game will be at 3:00 PM CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2009
- 14ers Turn Out the Lights on the Toros - Colorado 14ers
- Tailgate with the Utah Flash, Pepsi and Maceys - Utah Flash
- Limited Spots Remain For Saturday's Arsenal Dance Clinic - Anaheim Arsenal
- Wizards Welcome Center Jesse Smith - Dakota Wizards
- Vipers Search For Play Station 3 Winner - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Trade For Three-Point Threat - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Limited Spots Remain for Dancers of All Ages - Utah Flash
- Spurs Release Mensah-Bonsu From 10-Day Contract - Austin Spurs
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- NBA Maine Basketball Announces Name the Team Promotion - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.