Sporting KC Weekly Schedule: March 10-15, 2020
Sporting Kansas City (2-0-0, 6 points) continued their superb start to the season on Saturday, defeating rivals Houston Dynamo by a 4-0 scoreline in an electric Children's Mercy Park home opener. Manager Peter Vermes' side will play for a third straight win to start the campaign when they travel to Eastern Conference powerhouse Atlanta United FC (2-0-0, 6 points) this Saturday. Kickoff at Mercedes-Benz Stadium is set for 6 p.m. CT with three hours of live coverage starting at 5:30 p.m. CT on FOX Sports Kansas City, FOX Sports Midwest Plus, FOX Sports GO, ESPN 94.5 FM and La Grande 1340 AM.
Fans of all ages are invited to the official watch party for Saturday's match at No Other Pub in the Kansas City Power & Light District (1370 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO). Guests in attendance will be treated to games, food and drink specials, raffle drawings and prize giveaways as Sporting and Atlanta go head-to-head on the venue's several big screen televisions.
Prior to facing Atlanta, Sporting will train at 10 a.m. CT Tuesday through Friday at Pinnacle (1913 Pinnacle Way, Kansas City, KS). Media availability with coaches and players will take place each morning at 9 a.m. CT, and individuals planning to attend can contact Sporting KC Communications & Digital Coordinator Patrik Bergabo at [email protected] or 203-300-9927.
A new episode of the Sporting KC Show Podcast will debut at 7 p.m. CT Tuesday on Sports Radio 810 WHB with hosts Nate Bukaty, Jacob Peterson and Carter Augustine. The trio will recap last weekend's brilliant win over Houston, hear from a Sporting guest and preview Saturday's marquee matchup against Atlanta.
Sporting Kansas City forward Daniel Salloi will have a unique opportunity at romance on Thursday night, headlining "The Bachelor Live on Stage" at Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland. Salloi will meet 10 women vying for his heart in an all-ages show that begins at 8 p.m. CT. A limited number of tickets for the event remain on sale at ArvestBankTheatre.com.
The Victory Project has teamed up with Children's Mercy and Shadow Buddies to host a Pink Party for girls diagnosed with Turner Syndrome at 8 a.m. CT Friday at Children's Mercy Broadway Clinic (3101 Broadway Blvd, Kansas City, MO). The Pink Party will pamper kids who are staying at Children's Mercy Hospital or receiving treatment at outpatient facilities, offering a day of beauty with makeup stations, a hair and wig station and a mini nail salon.
Sporting Kansas City II (0-1-0, 0 points) opened their USL Championship campaign on Sunday with a 2-1 loss to Charlotte Independence and will remain at home this weekend, hosting Indy Eleven (1-0-0, 3 points) at 4 p.m. CT Saturday inside Children's Mercy Park. Tickets for the match are available at SeatGeek.com or at the stadium box office starting 90 minutes before kickoff. The @SportingKCII Twitter account will provide additional in-game updates.
Three Sporting Kansas City Academy teams will resume their U.S. Soccer Development Academy seasons on Saturday, hosting FC Dallas in a tripleheader at Swope Soccer Village (6310 Lewis Rd., Kansas City, MO). The U-15s will take the field at 9 a.m. CT, followed by the U-17s at 11 a.m. and the U-19s at 1:30 p.m. Follow @SKCAcademy on Twitter for live updates throughout the day.
At 10:45 p.m. CT on Sunday, a new episode of Sporting All-Access will debut on FOX 4 Kansas City. Sporting All-Access is a 15-minute program that will air every Sunday night throughout the season, providing special coverage of the club's 25th year as an MLS charter member.
For news, videos, photos and instant updates throughout the 2020 season, follow Sporting on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 9, 2020
- Lewis Morgan Enjoying Strong Start to Life in MLS - Inter Miami CF
- Professional Sports Leagues Temporarily Limit Locker Room Access to Players and Essential Staff - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes, Wells Fargo Present Goals for Education to Offer Scholarships for 17 College-Bound Seniors - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire FC's 2020 Pub Partner Program Now up to 26 Local Bars, up from Nine in 2019 - Chicago Fire
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Watch Party Schedule, Presented by Modelo - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United FC Defender Ike Opara Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Minnesota United Defender Ike Opara Voted MLS Player of the Week - Minnesota United FC
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: March 9, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire FC Sign Academy Midfielder Brian Gutierrez - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire Foundation P.L.A.Y.S. Program Extends Footprint to 40 Chicago Public Schools, up from 30 in 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Sporting KC Weekly Schedule: March 10-15, 2020 - Sporting Kansas City
- Atlanta United Acquires JJ Williams - Atlanta United FC
- Houston to Host Semifinals of First-Ever CONCACAF Nations League in June - Houston Dynamo
- Union earn a point in Los Angeles with three goals; Glesnes scores first MLS goal - Philadelphia Union
- LAFC and Philadelphia Union Draw 3-3 on Sunday Night - Los Angeles FC
- MNUFC Midfielder Hassani Dotson Named to U.S. Olympic Qualifying Roster - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic Named to U.S. U-23 MNT Roster for CONCACAF Men's Olympic Qualifying - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sporting Kansas City Stories
- Sporting KC and Parisi Coffee Release Sporting Calcio 2020 Blend
- Sporting Community Kitchen Serves Thousands in KC
- Sporting KC Announces New Facility Names with Compass Minerals
- Sporting KC Invites Class of 2020 to Capture Grad Photos
- Kuzain, Alekzandur Finish Second in eMLS Tournament Special