Sporting Kansas City Unveils New Primary Jersey
Sporting Kansas City unveiled the team's new primary jersey for the 2013 and 2014 seasons on Wednesday during a special Season Ticket Member event held at Sporting Park as part of Major League Soccer's Jersey Week.
The new Sporting KC home uniform will be available to purch ase online at shop.sportingkc.com beginning Thursday and will also be sold at the team's official Watch Party for the Sporting Kansas City season opener on Saturday inside the Boulevard Members Club at Sporting Park.
"Fashion is an important element of the Sporting Kansas City brand and the new 2013 primary kit takes this focus to new levels," said Sporting Kansas City Vice President of Stadium and Brand Revenue John Moncke. "We wanted the jersey to be a modern kit that imbues the ethos of our brand, so we played a very hands-on role in the design process."
The new primary jersey showcases the team's Sporting Blue and Dark Indigo colors through a trendy asymmetrical design that emphasizes the state line brand element, which was introduced during the club's rebrand in 2010. The state line represents the shared border between Kansas and Missouri, with Sporting Kansas City having strong ties to both sides of the state line.
Additionally, at the time of launch, the Sporting KC home uniform is the only adidas jersey in the world with the company's iconic three stripes shown in a different color on each sleeve. Major League Soccer's exclusive supplier, adidas has provided the club's uniforms since the inaugural season in 1996.
Ivy Funds, Sporting Kansas City's presenting jersey partner and official investment management partner, is prominently showcased with the asset management firm's logo centrally located on the front of the new home uniform. Headquartered in Overland Park, Kan., Ivy Funds entered into a multi-year sponsorship agreement with Sporting Kansas City that was announced at the 2013 MLS SuperDraft last month.
In addition to Sporting Kansas City's home and away uniforms, the team will release an alternate third jersey in conjunction with a home match during the 2013 season.
Wednesday's launch event, presented by Budweiser, featured Robb Heineman (Sporting Club CEO), Thomas Butch (CEO and President of Ivy Funds Distributor, Inc.) and Peter Vermes (Sporting Kansas City Manager) alongside Sporting Kansas City players.
Additional photos and v ideo b-roll from the jersey unveil will be made available to download later this evening. Please contact Alice Schroeder (913-302-1565) for instructions on accessing the images and footage.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 27, 2013
- Ahead of the Regular Season Opener, LA Galaxy Focused on Starting Out Season Right - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Montreal Impact Launches 20th Season and Unveils Third Jersey - Montreal Impact
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Launch MLS Primary Kit - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sounders FC Reveal New Kits for 2013 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Left-Sided Speedster Smith Is a Rare Breed - New England Revolution
- Sporting Kansas City Unveils New Primary Jersey - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake to Train Thursday at 2:30 MT at America First Field - Real Salt Lake
- Chivas USA Adds Two Mexican-American Midfielders - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Star of TNT's Dallas, Jesse Metcalfe, Joins FC Dallas Opening Day Festivities on March 2 - FC Dallas
- For US U-20 Stars Gil, Villarreal Team Ethic Trumps All on Path to World Cup - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sporting KC Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo President Chris Canetti Signs Contract Extension - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United Taps White+Partners as Agency of Record - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy Season Opener to be Shown Live on Time Warner Cable - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC Announce First Kick and Match Day Activities - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls 2013 Matches to be Aired Live on ESPN Deportes Radio Nueva York - New York Red Bulls
- Revs Sign Draft Picks Smith, Soffner - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Officially Parts Ways with Two - D.C. United
- Timbers Waive Midfielder Franck Songo'O, Defender Chris Taylor - Portland Timbers
- Toronto FC Add Hogan Ephraim on Loan - Toronto FC
- Toronto FC Acquire Supplemental Draft Pick for Amarikwa - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire Acquire Forward Quincy Amarikwa from Toronto FC - Chicago Fire
- 2013 MLS Direct Kick Package Unveiled - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sporting Kansas City Stories
- Sporting KC Cruises to Historic 6-0 Win over Vancouver
- Preview: First-Place Sporting KC Welcomes Whitecaps on Friday
- Sporting KC and Seattle Scrap to 2-2 Draw
- Preview: First-Place Sporting KC to Host Seattle on Sunday
- Sporting KC Signs 19-Year-Old Kuzain as Homegrown Player