Spokane Offense Awakens for 17 Hits in 7-2 Win
SPOKANE, Wash. - All nine Spokane starters got a hit and Ryan Dease twirled a quality start as the Indians defeated the Eugene Emeralds 7-2 in the series finale on Pink Out the Park Day Game presented by Radia, KXLY 4 NEWS, The Big 99.9 Coyote Country, and KXLY AM 920/100.7 FM.
For the third-straight game, the Indians received a stellar outing from their starter. Ryan Dease (W, 3-2) followed up Hans Crouse and Seth Nordlin by pitching a gem of his own. He finished the day going 6.2 innings, giving up just two runs on five hits and striking out six. The trio of Crouse, Nordlin, and Dease gave up three runs in 20 innings while striking out 24 and only walking one Emerald hitter.
The last two games, Spokane was able to muster up just enough offense to pull off a couple one-run victories. That offense finally broke out on Sunday afternoon. The Indians tallied 17 hits on the day and received at least one knock from all nine starters in the lineup.
The middle of the order did the most damage. Diosbel Arias went 2-for-5 with an RBI double in the fifth. Arias boosted his batting average to .357, good for third in the NWL.
Jonah McReynolds is right on Arias' heels now. McReynolds continues to hit the ball hard, notching the first four-hit game from an Indians player this season. He went 8-for-15 in the series and has multiple hits in five of his last six games, increasing his average from .268 to .333 in that span. That .333 average is good for eighth in the NWL.
Curtis Terry broke an 0-for-22 slump with a two-hit afternoon and a couple walks. He also drove in two and retook the lead in the NWL with 23 RBI.
Cristian Inoa and Jax Biggers also notched multi-hit games for the Indians. Biggers, the Rangers' 2018 8th round pick, has started 4-for-11 (.364) with three walks to start his Indians career.
Kyle Keith and Wes Robertson combined for 2.1 scoreless innings out of the bullpen to close the door and secure a fourth win in five games over the Emeralds.
The next home game is Tuesday, June 24th when the Indians open up an eight-game homestand with a three-game series against the Tri-City Dust Devils followed by a five-game series will the Hillsboro Hops. Tuesday, June 24th is Baseball Hat Giveaway & Azteca Taco Tuesday presented by Pepsi and The Inlander. The first 1,000 fans and all Banner Bank Diamond Club Members will receive a FREE Spokane Indians Baseball Hat courtesy of Pepsi and The Inlander. Get a taco & tots for $3 for Taco Tuesday! Plus, stick around after the game for Circle the Bases courtesy of Dairy Queen ! The game starts at 6:30 PM with gates opening at 5:30 PM. Tickets for all Spokane Indians home games are available to purchase at the Avista Stadium Ticket Office or at spokaneindians.com. Reserve your seats today by calling (509) 343-OTTO (6886) or TicketsWest at 1-800-325-SEAT.
Images from this story
Spokane Indians exchange congratulations
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from July 15, 2018
- Spokane Offense Awakens for 17 Hits in 7-2 Win - Spokane Indians
- Hawks Ride Big 7th Inning to a 6-2 Victory - Boise Hawks
- C's drop series finale in Boise falling 6-2 to Hawks - Vancouver Canadians
- AquaSox Erupt on Volcanoes, 8-2 - Everett AquaSox
- Extra, Extra, Extra: Hops Walk-Off Again in Extras - Hillsboro Hops
- Vancouver Sneaks Away with One-Run Win - Boise Hawks
- Nordlin Impressive... Most Impressive in Indians 4-3 Win - Spokane Indians
- C's win slugfest in Boise, remain in share of lead in North - Vancouver Canadians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Spokane Indians Stories
- Indians Fans Set New Single-Season Attendance Record
- Late Rally Costs Indians, Emeralds Win NWL Championship
- Indians Shutout in Game Two, Look to Rebound in Game Three
- Apostel and Gonzalez Help Spokane Punch Ticket to NWL Championship
- Indians Fall to Everett 8-3, Series Heads to Deciding Game 3