Spitfires Defeat Otters 4-3
The Erie Otters traveled in from Sarnia to faceoff against the Spitfires Saturday evening. The Spitfires led the season series 2-1 coming into tonight's contest. Windsor came into the game on a one-game winning streak and was looking to get it to two.
In the first frame, the Spitfires got on the board early. Just over a minute and a half in it was Rafkin that wristed one on goal from the point, and it went top shelf. Boka and Douglas drew assists on the goal. Shots were tied at seven after the first twenty minutes.
In the second period, Erie scored on the powerplay to tie the game at one just a minute and twenty-five seconds into the frame. But it only took the Spitfires two minutes to respond when Douglas stole the puck and ripped it bar down to put the Spits up 2-1. Just under twelve minutes into the period, the Otters were on the powerplay and scored again to tie the game at two. After 40 minutes, the Spitfires led the shots 19-17.
In the third period, it was Mcdonald who had a beauty goal in tight to make it a 3-2 game. Not long after that, it was D'Amico who was streaking up the wing and put it by a defender and cut towards the middle, dangled another defender before sliding it through the wickets to make it a 4-2 game. Erie responded with a goal to make it a one-goal game but the Spitfires held on and took this game 4-3.
The Spitfires' next game is Sunday, January 19th when the Saginaw Spirit come to town, puck drop at 2:05 pm.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2020
- Hats Fly as Knights Top Otters - London Knights
- Andree, 67s Beat Generals in a Well-Battled Contest - Oshawa Generals
- Barber Poles Cap off Perfect Week End with Road Win over Oshawa - Ottawa 67's
- Fronts Fall to Firebirds in High Scoring Matinee - Kingston Frontenacs
- Depleted Spirit Lineup Comes up Just Short in Windsor - Saginaw Spirit
- Keppen Records 100th-Career OHL Point in 8-5 Victory Sunday - Flint Firebirds
- Spitfires Beat Rival Saginaw 5-3 - Windsor Spitfires
- Rangers Beat the Storm 5-4 in a Comeback Thriller at the Aud - Kitchener Rangers
- Christian Sbaraglia Makes 49 Saves in Matinee Loss to Petes - Niagara IceDogs
- Sting's McGregor Becomes New Club Games Played Leader - Sarnia Sting
- Preview: Firebirds Battle the Frontenacs in Kingston Sunday - Flint Firebirds
- Game Day Preview: Spirit Face Windsor in Pivotal West Division Matchup - Saginaw Spirit
- Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. Kitchener Rangers - Guelph Storm
- Game Preview: New-Look Generals Ready to Take on Division Leading 67s - Oshawa Generals
- Spitfires Defeat Otters 4-3 - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.