South Bay Acquires Returning Player Rights to Reggie Hearn and David Stockton
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers have acquired the returning player rights to Reggie Hearn and David Stockton from the Stockton Kings in exchange for two first round picks and the returning player rights to Derrick Griffin Jr., it was announced today by General Manager Nick Mazzella.
In 40 games (29 starts) with Stockton last season, Hearn averaged 11.4 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.5 assists while shooting 40.4 percent from three-point range. The six-year NBA G League veteran has appeared in 227 games (150 starts) for three franchises and holds career averages of 11.0 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.2 assists. The Northwestern alum also appeared in three NBA games for the Detroit Pistons in 2017-18 as part of his two-way contract. Hearn was named the 2018 USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year for his efforts on the World Cup qualifying teams where he averaged 12.2 points and 4.2 rebounds while shooting 64.0 percent from three-point range in five games.
During the 2017-18 season, Stockton appeared in 39 games (15 starts) for the Kings, averaging 16.3 points, 3.2 rebounds, 5.3 assists and 1.8 steals in 28.2 minutes. He finished that season with the Utah Jazz where he averaged 3.3 points across three regular season games and appeared in two playoff games. Stockton, a four-year veteran of the NBA G League, has appeared in 142 games (106 starts) and has averaged 18.0 points, 3.6 rebounds, 7.1 assists and 1.7 steals while shooting 38.2 percent from three-point range. Stockton most recently played for Medi Bayreuth in Germany where he appeared in 35 games (25 starts), averaging 8.7 points, 2.1 rebounds and 3.6 assists in 19.8 minutes.
Griffin Jr. averaged 5.5 points and 3.5 rebounds in 25 games (three starts) for South Bay last season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 3, 2019
- Stockton Kings Acquire Player Rights to Isaac Hamilton - Stockton Kings
- Go-Go to Hold Local Tryout on Saturday, September 21 - Capital City Go-Go
- Sam Newman-Beck Named Head Coach of Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Stockton Kings Acquire Player Rights to Derrick Griffin and First-Round Draft Picks - Stockton Kings
- South Bay Acquires Returning Player Rights to Reggie Hearn and David Stockton - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bay Lakers Stories
- South Bay Tastes Victory in Win over Salt Lake City
- Devontae Cacok and Gary Payton II Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team
- South Bay Shakes off Home Blues for Win over Memphis
- Zach Norvell Jr. Earns NBA Call-Up with Golden State Warriors
- South Bay Lakers Acquire Matt Kenyon