Sounders FC Announces New Partnership with Ticketmaster, Marking Rave Green's Return to the World's Leading Ticketing Provider
SEATTLE, WASH. - Seattle Sounders FC today announced that the club is partnering with Ticketmaster, making the company the club's official ticketing partner beginning in 2021. Ticketmaster replaces SeatGeek as Seattle's official primary and resale ticketing platform, resuming a relationship between the Rave Green and the world's largest ticketing platform. Sounders FC and Ticketmaster were partners from the club's MLS expansion launch in 2009 through the 2017 season.
"We are thrilled to return to Ticketmaster as Sounders FC's official ticketing platform," said Sounders FC EVP & Chief Global Officer Bart Wiley. "Our longstanding relationship over the course of nearly a decade saw Sounders FC become one of the most well--attended clubs in world football, and they understand our culture deeply. We know from experience how strong of a partner Ticketmaster is, and alongside our colleagues at the Seahawks, we believe this gives our fans the most seamless event experience from an operational perspective. This will be particularly important as we prepare to welcome the public back to Lumen Field in 2021 as the fight against COVID--19 continues and improves."
"At Ticketmaster we're constantly innovating our ticketing solutions and are glad to once again be partnering with Sounders FC so we can provide their fans with the most seamless experience possible, as they return to games in 2021 and beyond," said Clay Luter EVP, Sports, Ticketmaster.
Through this partnership, Sounders FC is able to further develop unique relationships with its fans as the club provides an elevated venue experience. Ticketmaster's Presence and SafeTix technologies will facilitate the move to all--digital tickets so fans can conveniently access tickets on their mobile device, download to a digital wallet, receive personalized event information, and enjoy a streamlined venue entry experience. SafeTix also provides improved security, shutting down fraud to protect fans. Moving forward, games will also feature contactless entry and payment solutions to both assist with the safe return to matches, and streamline the in--venue experience for fans into the future.
Prioritizing health and safety, Sounders FC is working closely with its partners at the Seattle Seahawks and First & Goal Inc., ensuring a continuous ticketing and operational experience inside Lumen Field for MLS matches, NFL games and other concert and entertainment experiences. Both organizations eagerly await the return of fans to SoDo, and are looking forward to having Ticketmaster assist in that journey.
"We would also like to thank SeatGeek for their time with our organization as our official ticketing partner over the past three seasons," said Wiley. "SeatGeek worked diligently to provide our fans with a first--class matchday ticketing experience, and our club is appreciative of their efforts."
Sounders FC recently completed its 2020 campaign, a season that saw the club qualify for its fourth MLS Cup appearance in five seasons. The Rave Green join D.C. United as the only clubs to make four finals in a five--season span, while Sounders FC currently owns the MLS record for consecutive appearances in the MLS Cup Playoffs (12 and counting). Seattle raised the Philip F. Anschutz Trophy as league champion in 2016 and 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 18, 2020
- Sounders FC Announces New Partnership with Ticketmaster, Marking Rave Green's Return to the World's Leading Ticketing Provider - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Faces Club American Tomorrow in SCCL Semifinals - Los Angeles FC
- Academy Spotlight: The Future Is Bright for the Young Lions - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Trades Midfielder Brandt Bronico to Charlotte FC - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Announces 2020 Team Awards - Seattle Sounders FC
- Club to Change Identity - Club de Foot Montreal
- The Montreal Impact Foundation Donates Backpacks and Masks - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Hires Gabriel Heinze as Head Coach - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Annual Team Award Winners After 2020 MLS Cup Championship Season - Columbus Crew SC
- Inter Miami CF Signs First Academy Product Felipe Valencia as a Homegrown Player - Inter Miami CF
- MLS 101: Homegrown Players - Inter Miami CF
- Romell Quioto Named 2020 Impact MVP - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC 2021 Preseason Begins March 1 at Starfire Sports
- Jordan Morris Scheduled to Return Stateside to Prepare for Surgery
- Sounders FC Acquires General Allocation Money from Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Celebrates Black History Month
- Voting Open for Seattle Sports Commission's 86th Annual Sports Star of the Year Awards