Sound Tigers Sign Dustin Kohn To ATO
BRIDGEPORT, CT - The American Hockey League's Bridgeport Sound Tigers, top affiliate of the National Hockey League's New York Islanders, have signed defenseman Dustin Kohn to an amateur tryout contract. Kohn was the second selection, 46th overall, of the Islanders in last summer's NHL Entry Draft and joins center Ryan O'Marra, the big club's first pick last summer, on the Sound Tigers' roster.
Kohn, 19, comes to the Sound Tigers from the Western Hockey League's Brandon Wheat Kings for whom he posted two goals, 13 assists, 15 points and 30 penalty minutes in 31 games this season. The 6'1'' 195-pounder from Edmonton, Alberta was acquired by Brandon in January from the WHL's Calgary Hitmen with whom he notched two goals, 12 assists, 14 points and 20 penalty minutes in 38 games giving him season totals of four goals, 25 assists, 29 points and 50 penalty minutes in 69 games. Kohn played for Calgary the previous two seasons (2003-05). He practiced with the Sound Tigers at Bridgeport's Arena at Harbor Yard Wednesday morning.
With a magic number of two points in the standings gained by them and / or lost by the Binghamton Senators to clinch a berth in the AHL's Calder Cup Playoffs, the Sound Tigers will finish the regular season with a pair of road games this weekend versus the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Friday, April 14th at 7:05 p.m. and the Hartford Wolf Pack on Saturday, April 15th at 7 p.m.
All Sound Tigers games are web-cast live at www.soundtigers.com. Fans can also watch all AHL games live on the Internet via the B2 Networks pay per view. Information regarding Sound Tigers ticket packages, promotions and upcoming games is available on-line at www.soundtigers.com, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 203-334-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 12, 2006
- Portland wins see-saw battle with Monsters, 5-4 - Albany Devils
- Bulldogs bounce Barons - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monarchs lose the game...and third place - Manchester Monarchs
- A loss marks final visit to Hamilton for Barons - Cleveland Barons
- Craword gets first career shutout - Norfolk Admirals
- Sound Tigers heading to playoffs - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stars Kids' Appreciation Day Sunday - Iowa Chops
- Westrum recalled by Wild - Houston Aeros
- Two ECHL'ers Rejoin Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Announce March Investing In Our Youth Winners - Manchester Monarchs
- Napoleon Dynamite Night with the Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Kings Sign Harrold - Manchester Monarchs
- Maltais Jersey Retirement and Annual Fan Appreciation Night Highlight Regular-Season Finale - Chicago Wolves
- Moose Announce First Round Calder Cup Playoff Dates - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Send Three to Gwinnett - Chicago Wolves
- Sather heads to Hartford - Connecticut Whale
- Vandermeer suspended by AHL - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL announces suspension - AHL
- Molson Night tonight when Bulldogs battle Barons - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Blackhawks assign Mike Brown to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Crunch Defenseman Andy Delmore Named AHL's Outstanding Defenseman - Syracuse Crunch
- Phantoms Fan Appreciation Night This Friday - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sound Tigers Sign Dustin Kohn To ATO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch's Delmore wins AHL's 2005-06 Eddie Shore Award - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Sound Tigers Sign Hutton to Amateur Tryout Agreement
- Bridgeport extends point streak at home to eight games in overtime loss to Toronto on Wednesday
- Sound Tigers Look for Eighth Straight Home Win Tonight
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 24
- Smith backstops first shutout with Bridgeport in the club's 11th straight win on a Sunday afternoon