Solar Bears Sign Kylar Hope
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced the club has agreed to terms with rookie forward Kylar Hope on an ECHL Standard Player Contract for the 2020-21 season.
Hope, 25, is set to make his professional debut with Orlando this season after captaining the University of Alaska Fairbanks to its first winning season since 2014-15 during the 2019-20 campaign. He posted totals of 20 points (10g-10a) and 57 penalty minutes in 27 games, finishing second on the team in goals.
In 127 career games with the Nanooks program, the 5-foot-11, 185-pound forward collected totals of 61 points (26g-35a) and 158 penalty minutes.
Before embarking on his collegiate career, the native of Lashburn, Saskatchewan played Junior A hockey for the West Kelowna Warriors of the British Columbia Hockey League, culminating in winning the Fred Page Cup as BCHL champions and the RBC Cup as the national Junior A champions in the 2015-16 season. Hope tallied 107 points (44g-63a) and 114 penalty minutes in 165 career games.
Images from this story
Kylar Hope with Alaska Fairbanks
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 19, 2020
- Solar Bears Sign Kylar Hope - Orlando Solar Bears
- D Aaron Titcomb Re-Signs with Royals - Reading Royals
- Fuel Sign Second-Year Defenseman Ryczek - Indy Fuel
- Merasty Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Former Komet joins the Walleye ranks - Toledo Walleye
- Cyclones Add Defenseman Daniel Fritz - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rays Agree to Terms with Frederic Letourneau - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.