Socios.com Becomes Official Fan Loyalty Partner of Philadelphia Union
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union today announced a multi-year partnership agreement with next generation fan engagement and rewards company, Socios.com, making the company an official partner of the Philadelphia Union.
With a shared vision in leveraging next-generation technology mixed with progressive experiences, the Socios.com- Philadelphia Union partnership forges a deeper connection with fans, and fuels growth on and off the field.
With 26 Club deals, including Philadelphia Union, Socios.com seeks to create a unique community for MLS fans to celebrate their passion for the game and win life-time experiences all from one app. Starting with the 2022 season, the partnership intends to give fans access to exclusive rewards, polls, and opportunities for their favorite clubs. Philadelphia Union envisions that fans will be able to have the chance to win prizes for making correct game-related predictions and for correctly answering questions.
"At the Union we pride ourselves on being progressive and innovative, and partnering with Socios.com keeps the club at the forefront of that landscape," said Charlie Slonaker, Chief Revenue Officer, Philadelphia Union. "We're excited to utilize this technology to connect with new fans and build a deeper connection with our existing fanbase."
With the highest percentage of millennial audience of any major U.S. sport, the deal with Socios.com seeks to enable Philadelphia Union to combine its commitment to innovation and technology to leverage blockchain technology to provide Philadelphia Union tools to engage with fans in more immersive ways. Socios.com will be integrated across League and partner clubs' social channels and receive digital signage at partner club home games.
"Joining forces with Philadelphia Union to explore what the best iteration of our blockchain-based fan engagement product will become is truly exciting," said Max Rabinovitch, Socios.com's Chief Strategy Officer. "This partnership is going to have far-reaching positive impacts on our evolution and shed light on what the Socios fan engagement universe on the blockchain can be."
The agreement also enables Socios.com, Philadelphia Union, and the League to work together on new fan engagement products in the years ahead.
Socios.com has indicated that it has major global expansion plans and will increase its existing presence in Europe, while targeting many more launches in the USA, Asia, and South America with the world's leading sports properties. Socios.com recently announced international soccer legend Lionel Messi as the company's first Global Brand Ambassador.
For more information on Philadelphia Union and Socios.com, visit www.philadelphiaunion.com or MLSsoccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 4, 2022
- LA Galaxy Acquire Defender Chase Gasper from Minnesota United FC - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United Trades Chase Gasper to LA Galaxy - Minnesota United FC
- Real Salt Lake Secures Return of Dynamic Winger Jefferson Savarino as Designated Player - Real Salt Lake
- Austin FC Statement on Cecilio DomÍnguez Investigation - Austin FC
- MLS Statement on Cecilio Domínguez - MLS
- FC Dallas and SK Austria Klagenfurt Mutually Agree to Terminate Loan for Homegrown Thomas Roberts - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Faces Pumas UNAM in the Second Leg of the 2022 Concacaf Champions League Final Tonight at Lumen Field - Seattle Sounders FC
- Andre Shinyashiki: "I Was Ready for a New Challenge, a New Opportunity" - Charlotte FC
- Austin FC Forward Sebastián Driussi Named MLS Player of the Month for April 2022 - MLS
- Sebastián Driussi Voted Major League Soccer Player of the Month - Austin FC
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Experienced Portuguese Fullback Luís Martins - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Socios.com Becomes Official Partner of Orlando City SC - Orlando City SC
- Socios.com Becomes Official Fan Loyalty Partner of the LA Galaxy - LA Galaxy
- Keys to the Match: Keep Going - New York City FC
- Socios.com Becomes Official Fan Loyalty Partner of Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Socios.com Becomes Official Fan Loyalty Partner of 26 MLS Clubs - Colorado Rapids
- Socios.com Becomes Official Fan Loyalty Partner of New York City Football Club - New York City FC
- Socios.com Becomes Official Fan Loyalty Partner of New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- Socios.com Becomes an Official Partner of CF Montréal - Club de Foot Montreal
- Socios.com Becomes Official Partner of Atlanta United - Atlanta United FC
- Socios.com Becomes Official Fan Loyalty Partner of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire FC
- Socios.com Becomes Official Fan Loyalty Partner of FC Dallas - FC Dallas
- Dom Oduro Is 'Paying It Back' Through the Charlotte FC Academy - Charlotte FC
- Socios.com Becomes Fan Loyalty Partner of Sporting KC - Sporting Kansas City
- Socios.com Becomes Official Fan Loyalty Partner of 26 MLS Clubs - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Inks Defender Chris Kablan on 2022 Loan from Waasland-Beveren - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Charlotte FC on Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- New York City Football Club Launches Ticket Sales for 2022 Campeones Cup - New York City FC
- New York City FC to Host Campeones Cup 2022 at Yankee Stadium on September 14 - MLS
- Nick Kelly Steps Down as Tepper Sports & Entertainment CEO - Charlotte FC
- Toronto FC Sign Antonoglou, Franklin, Rothrock and Yeates to Short-Term Agreements - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Union Overtake NYCFC for First Place in the Eastern Conference; Remain Undefeated at Subaru Park
- Union Remain Unbeaten at Subaru Park This Season
- Philadelphia Union Sign Forward Chris Donovan
- Mikael Uhre Scores Second Career MLS Goal; Union Remain Unbeaten in Last Seven Matches
- Gazdag Scores Seventh Goal of the Season; Blake Earns Sixth Clean Sheet of the Season