Snappers Beat By Pair Of Late Homers
EASTLAKE, OH - The Beloit Snappers (53-64) lost again on Thursday night after a pair of late home runs by the Lake County Captains (64-53) gave the Snappers a 6-3 loss.
Beloit scored first in the top of the fourth inning. Bennett Hostetler continued a strong series with a base hit to score Victor Victor Mesa. In the next half-inning, the Captains scored three runs to take a 3-1 lead.
The Snappers returned the favor in the top of the sixth. A pair of two-out base runners put Troy Johnston at the plate with the tying run at first. Johnston rode a breaking ball out to left field and it fell for a two-run double to tie the game at 3-3. Once again, Lake County answered. Captains' third baseman Christian Cairo hit a two-run home run to left field, giving Lake County a 5-3 lead. The Captains added an insurance run on a home run to center field by Jose Tena. Beloit couldn't recover and fell 6-3, losing each of the first three games of the series.
Beloit's Top Performers: Hostetler reached twice and drove in a run. Connor Scott collected an extra base hit in his second straight game.
The Snappers square off in Eastlake again versus the Lake County Captains on Friday.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from September 16, 2021
- Late Charge Propels Kernels Past Chiefs - Peoria Chiefs
- Johnson's Hit Lifts Dragons to Extra Inning Win - Dayton Dragons
- Five-Run Inning Inspires 9-4 Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Lugnuts Overwhelm Whitecaps, 8-1 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Loons Ambush Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Fall to Lugnuts, 8-1 - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Captains Collect Fourth Straight Win - Lake County Captains
- Snappers Beat By Pair Of Late Homers - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Game Information: September 16 at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Announce Genesis Healthcare Heroes' Day - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Steven Cruz placed on 7-day IL & Ryan Shreve reinstated from 7-day IL - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Varland ties career-high 11 strikeouts, but Kernels fall - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Four-Homer Night Sets Bandits' Single-Season Record - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Lugnuts Fall One Pitch Short of Another Sweep - Lansing Lugnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Beloit Snappers Stories
- Flick-Or-Treat Movie Night at ABC Supply Stadium October 30
- ABC Supply Stadium to Host UW-Whitewater Baseball Exhibition Games - October 15 and 17
- Snappers Spoil Captains Playoff Bid With 5-3 Win
- Snappers' Bats Stifled In 4-0 Loss
- Snappers Hit Three Home Runs In 8-3 Win