Slammers Fall to Grizzlies in 13 Innings
LIET, IL - The Slammers got a good outing from starting pitcher Matt Quintana, he went 5 2/3, allowing two runs and striking out six.
The Slammers took a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the first inning thanks to RBI's from Ridge Hoopii-Haslam and Tyler Coolbaugh.
The Grizzlies answered back with a run of their own in the top of the second inning on a bases loaded walk.
The Slammers added a run in the third and fourth innings on RBI's from Cody Clark and London Lindley, making the score 4-1. That would be all they scored until the bottom of the thirteenth inning.
The Grizzlies were held scoreless until the sixth inning when they got an RBI single from Brent Sakurai. They then scored a run in the seventh and eighth innings to tie the game at four, thanks to RBI's from Shawon Dunston and Matt McPhearson.
That would be the end of the scoring from both teams until the Grizzlies took a two run lead in the top of the thirteenth. The Slammers would add one more run in the bottom half of the inning, but it wasn't enough as the Grizzlies outlasted the Slammers 6-5 in thirteen innings.
Today's Merchants and Manufacturer's Bank Player of the Game is London Lindley (3-7, 2 RBI, 3 SB).
The Slammers and Grizzlies will square off again Thursday, May 16th at 10:05. It will be the rubber match of this three game series.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Rascals Earn Doubleheader Split - River City Rascals
- Crushers lose to Miners 5-3 - Lake Erie Crushers
- Washington Forces Rubber Game with Win at Schaumburg - Washington Wild Things
- Otters Held to Two Hits in Loss to Windy City - Evansville Otters
- Grizzlies Come from Behind, Win in 13 - Gateway Grizzlies
- Slammers Fall to Grizzlies in 13 Innings - Joliet Slammers
- Boomers Fall in Day Contest - Schaumburg Boomers
- Brocato's Big Hits Lead Miners over Crushers - Southern Illinois Miners
- ThunderBolts Cruise to Second Straight Victory - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Otters Bats Quieted by Bolts' Oller, Fall 7-3 - Evansville Otters
- Big Innings, Dominant Starting Pitching Propel ThunderBolts to Win - Windy City ThunderBolts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.