Skyforce Re-Acquires Gerard Tarin
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today that the team has re-acquired forward Gerard Tarin from the available player pool. Tarin takes the open roster spot left by DeAndre Liggins, who has left the team for personal reasons.
Tarin has appeared in 18 games for the Skyforce this season, averaging 3.9 points and 3.2 rebounds in 8.6 minutes per contest. Tarin posted an NBA G League career-high 12 points and added four rebounds on February 21 against the Long Island Nets. In his most recent game played, Tarin tallied 11 points and seven rebounds in just under 22 minutes on March 2 against the Texas Legends.
Tarin, a 6-9, 215-pound rookie out of Nova Southeastern, played two seasons at Salem International before transferring to Nova Southeastern to finish his collegiate career. In total, Tarin appeared in 86 games (75 starts) and averaged 11.7 points and 6.9 rebounds per contest as a collegiate athlete.
Tarin will be active for tonight's road game against the Memphis Hustle at 7:00 PM CT in Southaven, Mississippi, and will continue to wear his previously held No. 8 for Sioux Falls going forward.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 11, 2019
- Blue Coats Knock off Knicks - Delaware Blue Coats
- If You Hadn't Herd, South Bay Beat Wiscosin - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Re-Acquires Gerard Tarin - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Alan Williams Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Long Island Nets
- Knicks Can Clinch Playoff Berth Tonight at Delaware - Westchester Knicks
- Epps, Obasohan Best Short-Handed Legends - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors
- Skyforce Acquires Angel Delgado
- Skyforce Acquires Returning Player Rights to Ray McCallum from Agua Caliente