Epps, Obasohan Best Short-Handed Legends
PRESCOTT VALLEY, AZ - The Northern Arizona Suns (11-34) finished with seven players in double-digits to route the Texas Legends' (15-30) eight-man roster 135-105.
Northern Arizona got an early jump, going up 17-2 midway through the first. The home team shot 69% to the Legends' 18% to take a 38-14 lead at the end of the first. The double-digit gap proved too much for the Legends as the Suns held on through the remainder of the game to clinch the season series 2-1.
Billy Preston led the Legends in his highest-scoring game since joining the team adding 21 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 assists coming off the bench. Daryl Macon and Vander Blue finished with 18 and 17 respectively and Deandre Daniels added the team's only double-double of 12 points, 11 rebounds. Xavier Johnson neared a double-double with 14 points, 9 rebounds, and Nate Mason rounded off the double-digits grabbing 14 points, 3 assists off the bench.
Aaron Epps dropped 29 points, 13 rebounds, and 3 steals to lead the Suns while Retin Obasohan finished with a triple-double of 15 points, 11 rebounds, 12 assists, and 3 steals.
Texas returns home for their final homestand of the 2018-19 season tipping off Tuesday at 7pm CT against the Oklahoma City Blue. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 11, 2019
- Blue Coats Knock off Knicks - Delaware Blue Coats
- If You Hadn't Herd, South Bay Beat Wiscosin - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Re-Acquires Gerard Tarin - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Alan Williams Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Long Island Nets
- Knicks Can Clinch Playoff Berth Tonight at Delaware - Westchester Knicks
- Epps, Obasohan Best Short-Handed Legends - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.