Blue Coats Knock off Knicks
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (19-24), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, defeated the Westchester Knicks (28-19), 122-107, on Monday night at 76ers Fieldhouse. Norvel Pelle notched his sixth straight double-double with 21 points and a career-high 22 rebounds for the Blue Coats, adding six blocks in 38 minutes of action.
76ers two-way contract player Shake Milton posted a Blue Coats team-high tying 23 points (9-21 fg, 2-5 3fg, 3-4 ft) with four rebounds and eight assists in 35 minutes. Jared Brownridge scored 23 points (8-16 fg, 7-13 3fg) in 30 minutes off the bench for the Blue Coats. The NBA G League's leader in three-point field goals made now has 160 triples on the season. Monday marked Brownridge's fifth game with seven three-pointers this season.
"[Westchester's] very good offensively," said Brownridge. "And also, they like to dictate the pace. So on offense, we couldn't let that happen. We had to get up and down in transition like we usually do, and once we started getting to the hole, Norvel [Pelle] opened things up for us on the perimeter. And that was the game."
Pelle's 21 points (10-14 fg, 1-2 ft) give him three straight games with at least 20 points. He has also now recorded five or more blocked shots in seven contests this season. Matt Farrell added a double-double for the Blue Coats with 16 points (6-12 fg, 3-6 3fg, 1-2 ft) and 10 assists, while securing eight rebounds in 28 minutes as a reserve.
The game was tied 53-53 at halftime and the Blue Coats led 84-83 after three quarters. Delaware's bench outscored Westchester's reserves 47-11 in the win.
Jameel Warney recorded a double-double with a game-high 25 points (8-21 fg, 2-4 3fg, 7-8 ft) to go along with 16 rebounds in 33 minutes for the Knicks. Westchester starters Billy Garrett (5-13 fg, 0-2 3fg, 13-14 ft) and Kadeem Allen (8-16 fg, 3-3 3fg, 4-5 ft) each posted 23 points for the visitors, while Stephen Zimmerman notched a double-double with 12 points (5-14 fg, 2-4 ft) and 20 rebounds in 26 minutes.
The Blue Coats now hit the road for a two-game road trip that begins Wednesday night at the Wisconsin Herd. The team will then visit the Windy City Bulls on Friday before returning home for a Saturday night matchup against the Raptors 905. All three games tip off at 7:00 PM.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 11, 2019
- Blue Coats Knock off Knicks - Delaware Blue Coats
- If You Hadn't Herd, South Bay Beat Wiscosin - South Bay Lakers
- Skyforce Re-Acquires Gerard Tarin - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Alan Williams Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Long Island Nets
- Knicks Can Clinch Playoff Berth Tonight at Delaware - Westchester Knicks
- Epps, Obasohan Best Short-Handed Legends - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Matt Lilly Promoted to Blue Coats General Manager
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Xavier Munford from Wisconsin Herd
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Julian Washburn from Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2019-20 NBA G League Schedule