Skeeters Rally to 4-3 Win over Patriots
Bridgewater, NJ - The Sugar Land Skeeters (18-10) defeated the Somerset Patriots (16-10) 4-3 at TD Bank Ballpark on Thursday evening.
The Patriots took a 2-0 lead in bottom of the fifth inning on RBI singles by Will Kengor and Ramon Flores.
Then Somerset extended the lead to 3-0 when Flores struck again with an RBI base hit in the bottom of the seventh inning.
David Kubiak pitched six scoreless innings for the Patriots, scattering six hits and striking out four in what would end up being a no decision.
The Skeeters rallied to take a 4-3 lead in the top of the eighth inning on an RBI single by Cody Stanley and a three-run home run by Anthony Giansanti (2).
Matt Purke (1-0) picked up the win, allowing a run on two hits in 1.1 innings pitched. Mike Broadway (1-1) took the loss, allowing four runs -three earned- on three hits in an inning pitched. Felipe Paulino earned his ninth save of the season with a scoreless 1.2 innings pitched and three strikeouts.
The 2019 Somerset Patriots Season presented by Ford will continue on the road until Tuesday, June 4th when they return to TD Bank Ballpark for a 7:05 pm game against the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs. The game features Positive Coaches Night. For tickets, stop by the box office located at TD Bank Ballpark, call (908) 252-0700, or visit www.somersetpatriots.com.
Images from this story
Somerset Patriots pitcher David Kubiak
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from May 23, 2019
- Revs Come Back to Pinch Crabs, Complete Four-Game Sweep - York Revolution
- Skeeters Rally to 4-3 Win over Patriots - Somerset Patriots
- New Britain Records 18 Hits in 13-9 Win - Lancaster Barnstormers
- York Shuts the Door on Southern Maryland in Series Finale - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Rockers Battle Ducks For First Place In Liberty Division - High Point Rockers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.