Six Hurricanes Headed to NHL Camps
Lethbridge, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club is excited to announce that six Hurricanes will be attending National Hockey League Training Camps, including Jordy Bellerive, Jake Leschyshyn, Nick Henry, Calen Addison, Logan Barlage and Dylan Cozens.
Bellerive, 20, and Addison, 19, will both be attending the Pittsburgh Penguins camp. Bellerive signed by the Penguins are a free-agent in 2017 while Addison was drafted by Pittsburgh in the second round of the 2018 NHL Entry Draft. Both appeared in a handful of American Hockey League games for the Wilkes-Burre/Scranton Penguins last year after the Hurricanes post-season came to an end.
Henry, 20, and Barlage, 18, will be in Colorado at the Avalanche's camp. Henry was drafted in 2017 by the Avalanche in the fourth round when he was a member of the Regina Pats but signed an entry-level contract at the end of last season. Henry appeared in three AHL games with the Colorado Eagles last season. Barlage, who was undrafted in the NHL Draft in June, was invited to Colorado's prospect camp earlier in the summer and will take part in his first NHL camp.
Leschyshyn, 20, was a second round draft pick of the Vegas Golden Knights in 2017 and will be taking part in his third NHL camp. He also appeared in three AHL games with the Golden Knight's affiliate the Chicago Wolves last season after the 'Canes year.
Cozens, 18, will be in Buffalo at Sabres camp. He made history last June becoming the highest ever drafted Hurricane in the NHL Draft with Buffalo took him seventh overall. He appeared at the Sabres rookie development camp in the spring where he suffered a hand injury which subsequently required surgery.
The Hurricanes will open the 2019-2020 regular season on Friday, September 20th at the ENMAX Centre with the Dairy Queen Home Opener when they welcome the Medicine Hat Tigers at 7:00pm. Regular Season individual game tickets go on sale on Wednesday, September 11th at 10:00am.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 7, 2019
- Edmonton Tops Hitmen 6-2 - Calgary Hitmen
- Medicine Hat Takes Narrow Pre-Season Win over Pats - Regina Pats
- Karki Leads Tips to 1-0 Win - Everett Silvertips
- Hawks Drop Preseason Finale - Portland Winterhawks
- T-Birds Fly Past Winterhawks in Preseason Game - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Rockets fall to Silvertips in Langley - Kelowna Rockets
- Royals Tripped up by Blazers - Victoria Royals
- Six Hurricanes Headed to NHL Camps - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Blades Hold on for Win in Warman - Saskatoon Blades
- Wag-A-Tail Walkathon Set for Sunday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings Open Pre-Season with Win - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Winnipeg ICE Host Wheat Kings in Saturday Showdown in Portage - Winnipeg Ice
- Nielsen's Hat-Trick Leads G-Men over the Royals - Vancouver Giants
- Penalty Trouble Dooms Ams in 6-1 Loss to Thunderbirds - Tri-City Americans
- Tarzwell Tallies Twice to Lead Rebels Past Hurricanes - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Come up Short against Giants - Victoria Royals
- Mount Hat Trick Pushes T-Birds Past Americans - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Wheat Kings Blank ICE 5-0 in Pre-Season Opener - Winnipeg Ice
- Raiders' Comeback Bid Falls Short in Warman - Prince Albert Raiders
- Hitmen Fall in Pre-Season Opener - Calgary Hitmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.