Wag-A-Tail Walkathon Set for Sunday
Brandon, MB. - The Brandon Wheat Kings will close out a busy weekend Sunday morning when members of the Western Hockey League club will be up bright and early to help out the annual Wag-a-Tail Walkathon at Brandon's Kin Park.
The event, which is held on the corner of 1st Street and Aberdeen Avenue, is in support of the Brandon Humane Society.
The Brandon Humane Society is a non-profit charity governed by a volunteer board of directors. All operating costs are completely covered by donations and special events such as this. Please donate to help the many wonderful animals that need shelter, food, transport, and veterinary care on a regular basis.
Following are some reminders to those planning on attending Sunday morning:
(Some Rules to Remember)
- All dogs must be leashed and have complete up to date vaccinations and shots
- Participants are expected to practice responsible pet ownership
- No bicycles, skateboard, rollerblades or scooters allowed
On the ice, the Wheat Kings kicked off their 4-game pre-season schedule Friday night with a5-0 shutout victory over the visiting Winnipeg Ice.
The same two teams will close out the weekend series Saturday night in Portage la Prairie.
Brandon will then close out its pre-season next weekend with a game in Moose Jaw on Friday night and a home game the following night against the Warriors.
Tickets to Saturday's game as well as the Brandon Sun Home Opener, scheduled for Friday, September 20th, are on sale now at the Keystone Centre box office. Fans can also order online at keystoncentre.com or by calling (204) 726-3555.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 7, 2019
- Edmonton Tops Hitmen 6-2 - Calgary Hitmen
- Medicine Hat Takes Narrow Pre-Season Win over Pats - Regina Pats
- Karki Leads Tips to 1-0 Win - Everett Silvertips
- Hawks Drop Preseason Finale - Portland Winterhawks
- T-Birds Fly Past Winterhawks in Preseason Game - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Rockets fall to Silvertips in Langley - Kelowna Rockets
- Royals Tripped up by Blazers - Victoria Royals
- Six Hurricanes Headed to NHL Camps - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Blades Hold on for Win in Warman - Saskatoon Blades
- Wag-A-Tail Walkathon Set for Sunday - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Wheat Kings Open Pre-Season with Win - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Winnipeg ICE Host Wheat Kings in Saturday Showdown in Portage - Winnipeg Ice
- Nielsen's Hat-Trick Leads G-Men over the Royals - Vancouver Giants
- Penalty Trouble Dooms Ams in 6-1 Loss to Thunderbirds - Tri-City Americans
- Tarzwell Tallies Twice to Lead Rebels Past Hurricanes - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Come up Short against Giants - Victoria Royals
- Mount Hat Trick Pushes T-Birds Past Americans - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Wheat Kings Blank ICE 5-0 in Pre-Season Opener - Winnipeg Ice
- Raiders' Comeback Bid Falls Short in Warman - Prince Albert Raiders
- Hitmen Fall in Pre-Season Opener - Calgary Hitmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.