Sioux City Acquires David Gucciardi from Muskegon
The Musketeers have traded with the Muskegon Lumberjacks for David Gucciardi and the USHL Draft 2020 Phase I 9th Pick. The Lumberjacks will receive the USHL 2020 Phase I - 4th, 2021 Phase II - 5th (conditional).
David is a 17-year-old player out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada standing at 5'11" and 161 lbs. the defensemen has committed to Michigan State to play in 2021 and should blend well with the Musketeers defense according to General Manager, Andy Johnson he said he is "Very excited to add David to an already strong group of defensemen here in Sioux City. He's a young man who isn't even NHL Draft eligible until next year but is already in his second season of junior hockey. We really like his offensive instincts from the back end and his ability to possess the puck and make plays up the rink. He's a Michigan State commit for the fall of 2021 meaning he's a two-year player for the Musketeers and we're looking forward to having him in the lineup Friday night." Gucciardi has already played 12 games with the Lumberjacks this year.
The Musketeers will see him play in his first game in the Green and Gold on Friday night against the Des Moines Buccaneers in Des Moines, Iowa at Buccaneer Arena at 7:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2019
- Saturday at the Stable: RoughRiders Hockey and Christmas Spirit - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Evan Nause Earns USHL Weekly Honors - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Christian Sarlo Named USHL Forward of the Week - Lincoln Stars
- Shutouts Stand out for Stein - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Christian Sarlo (Lincoln), Evan Nause (Sioux Falls) and Logan Stein (Waterloo) Earn Weekly Honors - USHL
- Sioux City Drops Two over the Holiday Week - Sioux City Musketeers
- Sioux City Acquires David Gucciardi from Muskegon - Sioux City Musketeers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.