Silvertips Add Forward Reid Petryk
EVERETT, WA - Everett Silvertips Vice President/General Manager Doug Soetaert today announced the acquisition of forward Reid Petryk and a conditional fourth-round WHL draft pick from the Medicine Hat Tigers in exchange for the WHL rights to forward Miles Koules, who is currently with the United States National Team Development Program, and a conditional fourth-round pick.
Petryk, 18, is currently in his third WHL season, playing all of his 156 career games with Medicine Hat. In 43 appearances with the Tigers this year, the Edmonton, Alberta native scored seven goals and 12 assists for a total of 19 points to go with 56 penalty minutes. He scored a career-high 13 goals among his 18 points last season, also finishing with a +3 rating and 34 penalty minutes in 68 games.
Medicine Hat's fourth-round (#70 overall) selection in the 2008 Bantam Draft, Petryk played 45 games for the club as a 16-year-old rookie in 2009-10. The 6-1, 200-pounder has totaled 21 goals, 23 assists, 44 points, 94 penalty minutes and a +3 rating in his WHL career.
Koules, 17, is currently in his second season with USA Hockey's National Team Development Program. The 5-10, 188-pound forward has 13 points (3g/10a) and 41 penalty minutes in 32 overall games this year with the U.S. NTDP. Hailing from Los Angeles, California, Koules has committed to the University of North Dakota.
The Silvertips are on the road to face Spokane Wednesday night at 7:05 pm (radio coverage on Fox Sports 1380 AM), but will return home to battle the Chiefs again Friday night at 7:35 pm at Comcast Arena. Group tickets and mini-game packages for the 2011-2012 regular season can be purchased in person at the team office inside at Comcast Arena or by phone at 425-252-5100. Single game tickets are on sale by phone (866-332-8499), online (www.comcastarenaeverett.com) or at the Comcast Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2012
- Sundher to Debut, Stone Bertaggia Return - Brandon Wheat Kings
- BMO Ultimate Fan Event Coming to Prince George - Prince George Cougars
- Raiders' Transactions Recap - Prince Albert Raiders
- Pat Quinn and Mark Recchi to Coach 2012 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - WHL
- Cam Reid to Join Winterhawks - Portland Winterhawks
- Chiefs Add Walchuk to Roster - Spokane Chiefs
- T-Birds Acquire Swenson and Two First Round Picks from Portland - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Winterhawks Acquire Marcel Noebels; Rights to Brendan Jensen - Portland Winterhawks
- Broncos Acquire Walker - Swift Current Broncos
- Raiders Re-Assign Berry-Lamontagna - Prince Albert Raiders
- Cougars Trade Deadline Recap - Prince George Cougars
- Vancouver Giants Trade Eric Walker and Brendan Jensen - Vancouver Giants
- Rockets Add Forward, Release D-Man as WHL Trade Deadline Passes - Kelowna Rockets
- Silvertips Add Forward Reid Petryk - Everett Silvertips
- Deadline Comes and Goes - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Tigers Make Deals on Final Day of Trading - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Americans Trade for Rights to Cougars' Connolly - Tri-City Americans
- Cougars Trade Brett Connolly's Rights to the Tri-City Americans - Prince George Cougars
- Ice Trade Hurley to Medicine Hat - Kootenay Ice
- Americans' Ty Rimmer Named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Rockets Acquire 20-Year-Old Forward - Kelowna Rockets
- Warriors Trade Lyon to Kelowna Rockets - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Giants Trade James Henry to Moose Jaw for 2 Draft Picks - Vancouver Giants
- Chiefs Weekly Report - Spokane Chiefs
- Warriors Acquire James Henry from Giants - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Blazers Week in Review - Kamloops Blazers
- Precision Toyota Tundra On The Move This Week - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Pats Acquire World Junior Defenceman - Regina Pats
- Cougars Trade Marincin to Regina - Prince George Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.