Share the Glove - Booyah Seek Applicants for $2,000 Youth Baseball Grant
Through its Share the Glove initiative, the Northwoods League Foundation has awarded $100,000 in baseball and softball equipment to youth organizations across its 22 affiliate markets
Ashwaubenon, Wis. - The Green Bay Booyah are excited to announce that the organization will be accepting applications for a grant, courtesy of the Northwoods League Foundation's program entitled "Share the Glove".
The Northwoods League Foundation will be awarding more than $50,000 in youth baseball and softball equipment through 22 Share the Glove grants to be awarded this Spring. Each grant, with a retail value in excess of $2000, will include one set of catcher's gear (plus mitt), ten fielding gloves, eight batting helmets, six bats and one bucket of practice balls.
Eleven baseball grants and eleven softball grants will be awarded across the Northwoods League footprint to eligible youth organizations. Northwoods League affiliate teams will be coordinating the application process within their respective communities throughout the Spring. Green Bay has been chosen to award one of the baseball grants for the 2021 season.
The Green Bay Booyah will be accepting grant applications from organizations within the Greater Green Bay area. From the applications collected, the Northwoods League Foundation will select one (1) recipient in each community. Organizations must meet the applicable criteria, which includes compliance with IRS 501(c)(3) guidelines. To complete an application, visit booyahbaseball.com and click the Community tab then the drop down, Share The Glove.
Grant recipients will be notified in mid-May, ahead of the Booyah Home Opener scheduled for Tuesday, June 1st. The application deadline is Friday, April 16th.
The Northwoods League Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that serves as a vehicle to transform a shared passion for baseball into positive change and support for communities. The Mission of the Northwoods League Foundation is to utilize the game of baseball to enrich the quality of life for children and families with an enduring and caring focus on Northwoods League communities.
The Booyah recently announced the Fleet Farm Flex Pack as a new ticket package option for 2021. For more ticket package information visit www.booyahbaseball.com or call the ticket office at 920-497-7225. The Booyah front office at Capital Credit Union Park is located at 2231 Holmgren Way in Ashwaubenon. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from February 16, 2021
- Share the Glove: Mankato MoonDogs Seek Applications for $2000 Softball Grant - Mankato MoonDogs
- Rox Project S.A.V.E. Foundation Unveils New Website - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Offer Summer Group Outing Opportunities - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Share the Glove - Booyah Seek Applicants for $2,000 Youth Baseball Grant - Green Bay Booyah
- Casey O'Laughlin Announced as Returner - Kenosha Kingfish
- Lank Named New Director of Media Relations - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah Sign Outfielder and Pitcher from Georgia State University
- Green Bay Booyah Announce Fireworks and Bobblehead Giveaways
- Green Bay Booyah Single Game Tickets to Go on Sale Friday, April 16th
- Booyah Add Four More to Roster
- Have Some Fun and Plan Your Summer Group Outing with the Booyah