Shane Owen Named CHL Oakley Goaltender of the Week
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Central Hockey League announced today that Missouri Mavericks goaltender, Shane Owen, is the Oakley Goaltender of the Week.
Owen, 23, has started this season on a high note, coming out of all four of his starts with a win. The Shanty Bay, Ontario native has allowed only 7 goals in 121 shot attempts and boasts a 1.71 goals against average (GAA) and a .942 save percentage (Sv%) through 245 minutes of play.
Mavericks Head Coach Scott Hillman is proud of solid goaltender performances of both Shane Owen and Joe Howe, and acknowledges the Mavericks would not have an undefeated start without their skill between the pipes.
Hillman notes that Owen has made a strong impression on the start to the 2013-14 season saying, "Shane has been an outstanding addition to our hockey club and has delivered very consistent performances in each of his outings. He is making the saves we expect him to make and throwing in a few game changing saves as well."
The Mavericks play their next game on Friday, November 8 at home versus the Wichita Thunder at 7:05pm. With season tickets starting at just over $11 per game and FREE parking, the Mavericks are the pinnacle of family affordable entertainment.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 5, 2013
- Missouri's Shane Owen Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Shane Owen Named CHL Oakley Goaltender of the Week - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder, Oilers to Clash for StoneWolf Casino Cup - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers and Thunder to Compete for StoneWolf Casino Cup - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa