Sevens Keep Erie at Bay
NEWARK, DE - The Sevens (21-17) captured a 132-126 victory against the Erie BayHawks (11-27) on Friday night as seven players scored in double figures.
The Sevens were led by James Webb III's 26 points. Shawn Long recorded a double-double with 22 points and 15 rebounds, and Aaron Harrison put up 20 points. Russ Smith (15 points), Roscoe Smith (15 points), Devondrick Walker (14 points) and Nate Robinson (11 points) also recorded double-figures.
Erie began the game with a 14-10 run that spanned the first three and a half minutes of the game, but Delaware quickly turned the score back in their favor. The Sevens went up 16-14 with 6:27 left in the first, which was the only lead change of the game. Delaware grew their lead to 12 points, 28-16, over the next three minutes and ended the quarter up 35-30.
The Sevens really turned it up in the second. They led by as many as 23 and had a 21-point advantage at halftime, 72-51. Harrison led all scorers at the half with 15 points.
Delaware stayed on top through the third. The closest the BayHawks came to catching up to the Sevens was when they were down by nine, 92-83, with 3:13 left in the quarter. Delaware had a 99-83 lead with one quarter left to play.
Erie fought back in the fourth. The BayHawks lessened their deficit to just four, 117-113, with 3:34 left in the game and with 25.6 seconds left in the game, 130-126, but it wasn't enough to pull off a win.
Next up, the Sevens head to Erie for a rematch against the BayHawks on Sunday, March 5 at 2 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 3, 2017
- Iowa Starts Fast, Defeats Oklahoma City on the Road - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Defeat Long Island Nets 95-87 - Austin Spurs
- Bynum's Double-Double Leads Windy City to Victory Over Grand Rapids - Windy City Bulls
- Skyforce Cruise Past Red Claws for 127-107 Win - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Bulls Hand Drive Third Straight Loss - Grand Rapids Drive
- Sevens Keep Erie at Bay - Delaware Blue Coats
- Mad Ants Retire #19 in Win against Knicks - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Fourth Quarter Comeback Falls Short for Westchester Knicks in Loss To Mad Ants - Westchester Knicks
- Kings Assign Papagiannis to Reno Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Lorenzo Brown Returns to the Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Game Notes: vs. Maine Red Claws - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red Claws Acquire Da'shonte Riley - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Former Blue Coats Coach at the Helm for Summer Sixers
- Coach Joe and His "Blue Shoe" Coming to an Event Near You
- Johnson Named Head Coach of Delaware Blue Coats
- Oliver, Young Invited to Ninth Annual NBA G League Elite Mini Camp
- Beau Biden Foundation Uses Awareness Month to Highlight Year-Round Campaign