Red Claws Acquire Da'shonte Riley
PORTLAND, Maine - March 3, 2017 - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, announced today that the team has acquired Da'Shonte Riley from the available player pool.
Riley, a 7-0, 240 pound center, played 29 games for Salt Lake City before getting waived on Feb. 27. Riley averaged 3.2 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in just 17.5 minutes per game this season. A returning player for the Stars, Riley played 33 games last season for the Idaho Stampede.
A product of Eastern Michigan, Riley played 37 games his senior season in 2013-14, blocking 2.6 shots per game. He was named MAC Defensive Player of the Year in 2014.
The Red Claws are in Sioux Falls tonight, then travel to Iowa and Windy City on Sunday and Monday, respectively. Maine returns home next Thursday when it faces Westchester at the Portland Expo. Tickets are on sale and can be purchased by calling 207-210-6655 or visiting MaineRedClaws.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 3, 2017
- Iowa Starts Fast, Defeats Oklahoma City on the Road - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs Defeat Long Island Nets 95-87 - Austin Spurs
- Bynum's Double-Double Leads Windy City to Victory Over Grand Rapids - Windy City Bulls
- Skyforce Cruise Past Red Claws for 127-107 Win - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Bulls Hand Drive Third Straight Loss - Grand Rapids Drive
- Sevens Keep Erie at Bay - Delaware 87ers
- Mad Ants Retire #19 in Win against Knicks - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Fourth Quarter Comeback Falls Short for Westchester Knicks in Loss To Mad Ants - Westchester Knicks
- Kings Assign Papagiannis to Reno Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Lorenzo Brown Returns to the Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Game Notes: vs. Maine Red Claws - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red Claws Acquire Da'shonte Riley - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.